Does not coming out as bisexual mean that I'm ashamed of it even though I don't think I feel that way?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

FromDrewWithLove
Not at all! Coming out is a personal experience for some, and not everyone is rushing to come out of the closet. Being in the closet doesn't necessarily mean you're ashamed of your sexuality. It may just mean that coming out may be out of your comfort zone right now, or it doesn't feel like the right time to do it. Going at your own pace is totally normal. You don't have to come out if you don't want to, and that doesn't necessarily make you ashamed.
Anonymous
not in any way does it mean that you at ashamed about being bi. the only way of knowing if you are ashamed of being bi is if you personally are ashamed, which you shouldn't be
kylerj78
I wouldn't necessarily say that it means that you are ashamed of being bisexual. In my opinion, I think that it means that you are uncertain about being bisexual. For instance, growing up I felt like I was gay. I liked guys instead of liking girls, I actually could never picture myself with a girlfriend. The thought of it just didn't feel right. As I got a little older, me and my friend became a little more than just friends at one point and that's how I knew for sure that i was gay. Once I was sure and confident, that is when I became more comfortable coming out to my friends, and later on, my family
GarnetGarden13
No not coming out as a bisexual does not mean you are ashamed of who are you as person. It just means that maybe you aren’t ready to come out yet or there are other factors in your life that may continue to why you haven’t come out yet. There is no specific time limit or way to go about coming out. You just figure out what is best for yourself and your feelings so that you know that you are okay and around people you trust when you do decide to come out. All that no coming out means is that even though you accept yourself maybe there’s other factors stopping you
Courtney24683
Absolutely not! It is difficult to come out for many reasons. For example, a person may not come out due to knowing that it may be perceived in a negative way by those who love them. Or the person may just fear that it could be perceived negatively, when in reality they do not actually know that. Not only that, sometimes it takes the person time to understand it themselves and they may need time to process it. Coming out is something that should be done when the person feels comfortable but in no way means they are ashamed if they do not come out.