Fell in love with my close girlfriend. We’re both married for 15+ years with teenage children. We were together and handful of times 5 years ago and I still can’t get over it. Should I end friendship?

Serene Sarah George, Diploma in Counseling Skills (DCS)

Mental health counselor who believes in supporting people to think through their emotional challenges and empowering them to find resolutions or effective coping mechanisms.

It all depends on how this friend feel about you. Opening up about your feelings is a good options to understand if she feels the same, and in case, decide together how to deal with it. I know it may be hard for your families, but I believe that following your heart is the best way to give your current partner the chance to be truly happy with a significant other, and to give your children a happy mother instead of one with regrets and unsatisfaction. Caring for yourself is the best way to care for your family too. If she does not return her feelings, it will be up to you to determine whether you can still bear being only friends, or if you need to distance yourself.