How do I come out to my parents?

How do I come out to my parents?

Terrence Sawyer, MS Counseling Psychology

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Social disorders counseling social psychology, substance use disorder counsel

Gracegiveshelp
Coming out must be ridiculously hard. I am not part of lgbtq+ myself, but one of my friends is a part of lgbtq+ and I know many people in my school who have found coming out extremely hard. When my friend came out to me, he was nervous that I wouldn’t understand, or that I wouldn’t speak to him ever again; I’m sure he’s really worried about coming out to his family. Please just realize that they’ll love you no matter what. You’re their child, at the end of the day. They won’t mind which gender you fall in love with.
SmallGirlBigWords
Coming out can be very challenging for everyone. Coming out is perfectly normal and happens all the time. You’d be surprised with how many parents are supportive of their children. Just know before you come out to not have any expectations. You are opening up about you to the people who care about you, they will be surprised and might not know exactly what to do or say at first but if you had big news you would like time to sit and think. If there were a small chance they god mad then so what! You are you and you are amazing