How do I know if I’m gay?

Kendall Alvis, MA LPC

I provide a safe, accepting and positive therapeutic relationship to clients working through challenging situations including depression, anxiety, and adjustment issues.

Aayla - Expert in LGBTQ+
Being gay consists in experiencing attraction towards the same gender, but sometimes it's not easy to find out if it's our case, because due to our upbringing, social fears or other factors we might want to hide our real identity even from ourselves. So you'll have to try to be as honest with yourself as you can, keeping in mind that any orientation is ok and everyone has a chance of happiness and love, no matter who they are. You can try to explore your feelings, emotions and sensations, picturing yourself with people of the same gender, analyzing the way that kind of thoughts make you feel, and then dothe same with the other gender. If you're able to do that with self-honesty and without fear or conditioning, you will find your answer!