How do I tell If I am an FTM Trans?

Netherlands

Caroline Middelsdorf, MSc.

I am a warm hearted, patient, calm and open-minded therapist. I am here to dedicate my expertises to my clients and their individual challenges, thoughts and feelings.

When you think of yourself, do you see yourself as a man? Would you rather be addressed with masculine pronouns? Do you feel like your body doesn't represent you and you would rather have a masculine one? Do you prefer gender expressions (like looks, attitudes...) that are typically masculine? These are some of the questions you can ask yourself, but that only one that definitively determines it is how you see yourself. Your gender identity is nothing more than what you feel you are. Feel free to also get in contact wih the trans community and with a therapist to find support and to understand yourself and the trans reality better.
callum05
Gender identity and discovering who you are can be a hard, and long process, and it can be scary to go through. I would think the main signs would certainly be gender dysphoria and gender euphoria. A good idea would be to do research on being FTM trans, and learning about the transitioning process, all that goes into it, changes you may experience, and looking into first-hand accounts of people who are FTM trans. Some that I've found are Sam Collins and Jammidodger on Youtube, they have great sources and can help you out. If it is an option, professional counseling or therapy is something to try out.