How do you know if your bisexual?

How do you know if your bisexual?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

adoredIcicle46
Simple. If you are attracted to men and a women both at the same time but not in the same relationship you are bisexual.
dreamWaterfall53
a friend of mine found out she was bisexual by actually kissing a girl and she has kissed a guy before and she liked kissing both
Anonymous
In my experience, I had to allow myself to acknowledge that I wasn't attracted to just one gender before I really knew that I wasn't heterosexual or homosexual. I had to be honest with myself and realize that "bisexual" or "pansexual" are the right words for me.
Anonymous
February 23rd, 2017 10:09pm
I'm bisexual. I'm 43 years of age and as far as I can remember I have been romantically and sexually attracted to both genders. I haven't straightened out and I haven't turned fully gay. I would argue that if you have experienced same and opposite sex attractions for a certain length of time and one or other hasn't revealed itself fully as the way you feel then you might be bisexual. I hope that helps.
It all depends on who you are attracted to. If you're not sure, focus on your reactions, on both emotional and physical perspective, when you look at someone you find really beautiful. If you feel like you desire both men and women - not just as "both are beautiful" but as "I feel desire for both men and women" - then you are bisexual. Remember you don't have to label yourself immediately, take you time, explore your desires and fantasies without any prejudice. And don't worry, there's no nothing wrong in any secual orientation, whatever it is
Anonymous
I believe it is when we have feelings, both biologically and mentally, for both sexes. It doesn't mean that you have to find every girl or every guy attractive or act on these feelings for your feelings to be real.
niamh333
Well a good sign that you might be bisexual is if you are feeling sexual attraction towards males and females. Please note that this is different from romantic attraction. Labels can be helpful to aid us in figuring our feelings out but they are not the most important thing so don't worry if you're not sure. Here is a comprehensive list of attractions and orientations if you're interested about learning more :) https://goo.gl/xX6JXD
Anonymous
Bisexual, by definition, is an attraction to two genders. This is usually make and female. If you find yourself sexually attracted to both then you could be bisexual. If you find yourself emotionally attracted to both but only sexually to one you may be biromantic. Research can help you better identify your feelings.
Anonymous
Bisexual, like most queer terms is ultimately about what labels you feel empowered by. Look up definitions, listen to how bi people explain their sexuality, and determine if you feel the term is accurate and/or helpful for you. You can always change your mind about the terms you use to define your sexuality if you later figure out the one you're using doesn't quite fit as you'd like.
smallstrawberry12
Well, I'm a female bisexual, and it took me awhile to realize it. I think I finally realized it when I went on a school trip and there was a pride parade that weekend (it was June). I wanted to do my ace friend's makeup as the flag, and I wanted mine as the bi flag. That was when they actually asked if I was bi, and I realized that I would be okay with dating either gender. I think it just takes time to realize that you would want to be with either gender, and it can come at a different point in your life for everyone. If it's something you're really considering though, it can be helpful to just sit and think about it for while until you figure it out.
beamingsunshine
Ask yourself: have I been physically attracted, and or/ romantically interested in someone of the same gender? If you hadn’t, could you simply envision yourself dating someone of the same gender? And could you envision marrying this person, if you’re into that sort of thing? Those are two questions which can help you during your journey to discovery your sexuality.
Scorpio71
I’m trying to figure this one out myself
Anonymous
You begin to experience feelings towards both male and female. You don't need to love the way they look, but you can love them for who they are as a person.
Anonymous
January 21st, 2018 1:08pm
I felt my bisexuality first when I realised almost all my celeb crushes are women and hence started my exploration phase. I became more aware of how girls AND guys looked and how they made me feel. Me being a tomboy also keyed in as a factor. For now, I don't label myself as bisexual, though there have been a few girls AND guys I wanted to kiss. (P.S. a trick - to figure out if your infatuation is only admiration or you DO have feelings, answer this simple question - do you want to be like that person or do you want to have sex with that person? )
WildZeus
February 22nd, 2018 10:36am
Determining your sexuality can be highly confusing. Teenagers often feel a lot of pressure to choose to define themselves as being heterosexual or homosexual. You might feel that you do not fit either of these categories, and you may notice that you are 'turned on' and have sexual feelings about people of your own gender and another gender. These feelings may indicate you will identify as bisexual. Keep in mind, however, that you do not have to prove you are bisexual. There is no test for bisexuality. A bisexual person may have one committed relationship that lasts for decades. Many bisexual people have no sexual relationships or have these relationships with people of only one gender; yet, they still consider themselves bisexual. Some people have relationships with people of their own and of another gender, yet do not identify as bisexual. It all comes down to what makes you feel most comfortable and what you perceive yourself to be. Don't worry about not knowing for sure. Sexuality develops over time, and you should feel no pressure to identify in any particular way.
JustKeepSwimming28
Honestly when it comes to things as personal as your sexuality, sometimes there is no right or wrong answer. Sexuality is a spectrum and however you feel is valid. If you think you might be bisexual, then maybe you are! If you feel comfortable with that label, then use it, however you also don’t have to label yourself as anything if you don’t want to.
sunnyForest44
When you're bisexual you may tend to have some thoughts about people of the same gender. However, when you're bisexual you might have thoughts of the opposite gender too. So basically, being bisexual means you are attracted to people of both sexes.
softPoetry23
I'd personally describe it as a romantic/ sexual attraction towards both males and females (or to 2 different genders). So if you feel or have felt intense feelings that go beyond the ' friendship ' feeling towards both a male and a female, then I'd say that's a pretty good indicator. :)
Anonymous
It's different for everyone. I didn't realize I was bisexual until one of my best friends was in a prom dress. I was nervous and I kept turning red. There were other signs before that but I never really noticed.
Talulah22
Yes, you are. If you feel like you are bisexual, you are. Simple as that. A lot of people have a (slight) preference, there's nothing wrong with that.
SaelbenNoa
I recommend reading a bit about the Kinsey scale, there are many different types of bisexual people... Some are more homo, others more heterosexual.
oopsolie12
you are bisexual even if you have a preference it means that you can be attracted to three or more genders.
floralhats
Of course you're bisexual even if you have a preference. Bisexuality means that you are attracted to females and males. It does not have to be 50/50. It's perfectly okay to have a preference!
Anonymous
Your bisexual if you love both girls and women. So if u like both, even if u may have slight preference, you're bisexual, but if its a huge preference you may not be bisexual, your sexuality would be where your preference is.
sereneWhisper00
Yes, of course! As long as you are attracted to two gender, you are bisexual, even if you have a preference!
politeTiger9271
Yes. Every person have preferences in their sexualities
Depending on your preference. Labels are just labels so that people can make a sense to things. Whatever choice u make is you sexual life is fine as long as u are happy with the choice u have made.
RedCactus
It doesn't have to be completely half and half, so yes, you are really bisexual.
Momo127
Of course. Bisexuality is not defined by equally liking both genders. If you feel that you are bisexual because you have had feelings for both genders but have a preference, you are totally valid. Seriously.
Sunburst223
Of course. All bisexuality really means, at least to me, is that you some kind of attraction to both sexes. It doesn't have to be an equal attraction.