How do you know if your bisexual?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

adoredIcicle46
Simple. If you are attracted to men and a women both at the same time but not in the same relationship you are bisexual.
dreamWaterfall53
a friend of mine found out she was bisexual by actually kissing a girl and she has kissed a guy before and she liked kissing both
Anonymous
In my experience, I had to allow myself to acknowledge that I wasn't attracted to just one gender before I really knew that I wasn't heterosexual or homosexual. I had to be honest with myself and realize that "bisexual" or "pansexual" are the right words for me.
Anonymous
February 23rd, 2017 10:09pm
I'm bisexual. I'm 43 years of age and as far as I can remember I have been romantically and sexually attracted to both genders. I haven't straightened out and I haven't turned fully gay. I would argue that if you have experienced same and opposite sex attractions for a certain length of time and one or other hasn't revealed itself fully as the way you feel then you might be bisexual. I hope that helps.
Anonymous
January 21st, 2018 1:08pm
I felt my bisexuality first when I realised almost all my celeb crushes are women and hence started my exploration phase. I became more aware of how girls AND guys looked and how they made me feel. Me being a tomboy also keyed in as a factor. For now, I don't label myself as bisexual, though there have been a few girls AND guys I wanted to kiss. (P.S. a trick - to figure out if your infatuation is only admiration or you DO have feelings, answer this simple question - do you want to be like that person or do you want to have sex with that person? )
Anonymous
February 22nd, 2018 10:36am
Determining your sexuality can be highly confusing. Teenagers often feel a lot of pressure to choose to define themselves as being heterosexual or homosexual. You might feel that you do not fit either of these categories, and you may notice that you are 'turned on' and have sexual feelings about people of your own gender and another gender. These feelings may indicate you will identify as bisexual. Keep in mind, however, that you do not have to prove you are bisexual. There is no test for bisexuality. A bisexual person may have one committed relationship that lasts for decades. Many bisexual people have no sexual relationships or have these relationships with people of only one gender; yet, they still consider themselves bisexual. Some people have relationships with people of their own and of another gender, yet do not identify as bisexual. It all comes down to what makes you feel most comfortable and what you perceive yourself to be. Don't worry about not knowing for sure. Sexuality develops over time, and you should feel no pressure to identify in any particular way.
JustKeepSwimming28
Honestly when it comes to things as personal as your sexuality, sometimes there is no right or wrong answer. Sexuality is a spectrum and however you feel is valid. If you think you might be bisexual, then maybe you are! If you feel comfortable with that label, then use it, however you also don’t have to label yourself as anything if you don’t want to.
sunnyForest44
When you're bisexual you may tend to have some thoughts about people of the same gender. However, when you're bisexual you might have thoughts of the opposite gender too. So basically, being bisexual means you are attracted to people of both sexes.
softPoetry23
I'd personally describe it as a romantic/ sexual attraction towards both males and females (or to 2 different genders). So if you feel or have felt intense feelings that go beyond the ' friendship ' feeling towards both a male and a female, then I'd say that's a pretty good indicator. :)
Anonymous
It's different for everyone. I didn't realize I was bisexual until one of my best friends was in a prom dress. I was nervous and I kept turning red. There were other signs before that but I never really noticed.
Talulah22
Yes, you are. If you feel like you are bisexual, you are. Simple as that. A lot of people have a (slight) preference, there's nothing wrong with that.
SaelbenNoa
I recommend reading a bit about the Kinsey scale, there are many different types of bisexual people... Some are more homo, others more heterosexual.
oopsolie12
you are bisexual even if you have a preference it means that you can be attracted to three or more genders.
floralhats
Of course you're bisexual even if you have a preference. Bisexuality means that you are attracted to females and males. It does not have to be 50/50. It's perfectly okay to have a preference!
Anonymous
Your bisexual if you love both girls and women. So if u like both, even if u may have slight preference, you're bisexual, but if its a huge preference you may not be bisexual, your sexuality would be where your preference is.
sereneWhisper00
Yes, of course! As long as you are attracted to two gender, you are bisexual, even if you have a preference!
politeTiger9271
Yes. Every person have preferences in their sexualities
Depending on your preference. Labels are just labels so that people can make a sense to things. Whatever choice u make is you sexual life is fine as long as u are happy with the choice u have made.
RedCactus
It doesn't have to be completely half and half, so yes, you are really bisexual.
Momo127
Of course. Bisexuality is not defined by equally liking both genders. If you feel that you are bisexual because you have had feelings for both genders but have a preference, you are totally valid. Seriously.
Sunburst223
Of course. All bisexuality really means, at least to me, is that you some kind of attraction to both sexes. It doesn't have to be an equal attraction.
Anonymous
It doesn't matter if you have a preference, if you are attracted to both sexes, you are bisexual.
SimplyBeing
Questions about sexuality are always hard. I have had my own experience of bisexuality but my situation and yours may be very different. I do know that what kind of sex we prefer (gay, bi, str8, ect.), who we want to be in a romantic relationship with and what our internal fantasy life is can be very different things. So whether you are bisexual depends on where you fall on all three of those categories. So a person can be attracted only to males, want to be in a romantic relationship with only women and have fantasies of both sexes. And all of those things can put them in different categories. It's okay to be who you are right here and right now. It's okay to say, "right now I am attracted to _______" or "I identify as _________ right now." Take some time to examine what you feel about each possible partner. Get some support like reaching out here or with a professional counselor. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time. I wish you peace. ~J
PeacefulFlute74
It's when you are romantically attracted to both men and women. It's a normal way of being.
AutumnLeigh
Contrary to popular belief, being curious about having a sexual experience with someone of your own gender or even trying it once or twice out of curiosity does NOT make you bisexual. Enjoying the experience enough to want to make a lifestyle of it may mean you are bisexual. If so, embrace yourself for being who you are and surround yourself with people who will be accepting and supportive!
PurpleGoddess
You know if you are bisexual, if you have sexual thoughts about both men and women. Nothing wrong with thoughts, but if you want to pursue your thoughts with both sexes then you are bixsexual.
Anonymous
Feeling attraction to more than one gender means that you could identify as bisexual. (Or pansexual!)
TheGlovedOne
You know when no matter what gender, you have an attraction to them. You think a man and a woman are equal, and one day you can date either gender. You do not favor one over the other, if you do you may just be lonely.
ladycat946
If you think you can have a love relationship and have physical intimacy with the other sex and the same sex as you, maybe you are bisexual. Don't forget that homosexuality or bisexuality is not simply a matter of physical sexual preferences. A relationship is needed to be bisexual, it's not just physical. If it is, it's more a kink or a sexual preference than being bisexual.
PilordeParadox
People think there is only three sexual orientation. Heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. But in truth it's much more complicate than that. I think that every single person has a different sexual orientation. So how do you know if you're bi? Did you fall in love with both gender? Then, yes you probably are. If not... time will tell! But most heterosexual I know never asked themselves this question, so it may be a clue.