How do you know if your bisexual?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

helpfulsam99
If you have any level of attraction to 2 or more genders. Even if you like boys 90% of the time and girls 10%, you can say you're bisexual and be right.
HuddlesWillAlwaysListen
First off, let me say it is completely okay to be bisexual. You can change your sexuality any day. Just take your time. You don't have to rush your sexuality. Anyways, if you think you like a girl, do you feel the same with them when you like a boy? Are you attracted to them? If this is a yes, you could be bisexual. You could try dating a girl if that helps.
KnittedPenguin25
You are bisexual if you experience physical and emotion attraction to people who are the same, and the opposite gender as yourself. Degrees of bisexuality can vary, so you may have feelings for either gender more than the other at given times. If you don't have feelings exclusively for one gender of the other, then you may be bisexual.
Anonymous
You are bisexual and if you like girls and boys both sexually and romantically :) hope this helps!
Anonymous
If you're sexually/romantically attracted to both men and women, then you qualify for the parameters of bisexual.
Brittneym101
You don't have to put labels on your sexuality, but if you are attracted to both male and female then you are more than likely bisexual. Also, you don't have to have any experience with any of the genders to know that. Either way it's ok. You are who you are, you like what you like and we are only human at the end of the day.
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2016 10:09am
you know this if you find yourself attracted to a girl and a boy, maybe not at the same time but maybe eventually
Anonymous
You'd feel a natural attraction towards males and females and would consider being with either gender or, you wouldn't care whether you got a girlfriend or boyfriend
CalmingSunshine08
Human sexuality is an odd journey and a bit of roller coaster. Bisexuality is defined as being attracted to two genders, so a bisexual person could be attracted to males and females, females and enbies (someone who identifies as nonbinary), or males and enbies. Defining who you are attracted to as a bisexual is all up to you, defining what your sexuality is is also all up to you and no one else can truly say what your sexuality is or isn't.
Supergirl94
If you find both women and men attractive and have desires to be with them sexually and emotionally.
Anonymous
From my experience and me being bisexual myself, it's about feeling an automatic attraction to both genders; male or female.
Anonymous
If you find both genders physically attractive then you might be bisexual. So if your a female and you find not only men physically attractive but women as well...Then you are bisexual. Bisexual means that you are physically or sexually attracted to both sexes.
JoeListener
Bisexuality is a sexual orientation wherein an individual is attracted to members of more than one gender. Although the term is outdated (bi implying there are only two genders whereas that simply is not the case), many bisexuals are sexually attracted to both men and women. It does not necessarily mean that that attraction is equal for men and women, one could be more attracted to men than women, or vice versa, and still be considered bisexual. The best way to know if you, yourself, are bisexual is to ask yourself who you visualize sexually. Is it men? Is it women? Or is it some combination of both?
RaCat
If you seem both genders attractive, probably you are bisexual. In some ways, I believe that everyone has a little bit bisexuality inside them :)
helpfulButterfly84
You will have feelings for both males and females. You may notice yourself take an interest in both sexes.
KaiZager
Putting a label on yourself is not what's most important. It is to have strong connections with both sexes and not just limiting yourself to one. To see beyond body parts but for who they are. Man or woman, both an attraction to you.
LonelyAngels
As far as I know being a bisexual means ur a person whose having a romantic preference towrds the same or other type of gender :)
MissMonMon
By definition, a bisexual is attracted to both men and women sexually. You don't have to have had a sexual experience with either gender to verify your sexuality but its generally the sexual attraction to both men and women. It's something that you just know about yourself. It's not anything you have to be told. It's also perfectly normal.
tiktaaIik
I'm not sure what my bisexual is meant to be, the question seems incomplete somehow- what about my bisexuality? Weather it is natural? If you meant "How do you know if you're bisexual?" It would make more sense so I am going to go with that. Bisexuality would be apparent if you had sexual feelings for both sexes. It doesn't have to be equal 50-50 of both (in fact it is said that most people fall into some sort of a spectrum rather than being 100% homosexual or heterosexual). While some people use bisexuality to explore, it doesn't mean that you "haven't decided" or "need to pick a side" or any of those things. Just do what comes naturally to you, but remember to also respect others boundaries while you do so.
Anonymous
A bisexual individual is part of the LGBT+ community. A bisexual individual can be attracted to both the same and opposite sex. If you feel attracted to both the same and opposite sex, regardless of 'how much' you are attracted to them, then you are bisexual.
Mollytheresa
If you are attracted to both genders and allowing to date both genders openly. Ps nothing is wrong with you if you like both genders. Why eould it be?
listenercat5678
Only you can know if you are bisexual. But most people know when they begin to have feelings for both sexes.
Listeningteen2016
There is no one way to know . It really is just about following your heart and seeing where it takes you.
usefulDreamer13
I figured out I was bisexual because I was able to see myself ending up with a woman or a man. It may be different for everyone to find out how they know what their sexuality is.
EsmeRose
It can be hard to figure out your sexuality. There are ways you can figure it out though. Even through simple things such as looking at the same sex when they wear something revealing, developing strong feelings for the same sex. Seeing the same sex in tv shows or movies and having little crushes on them. But at the same time, still liking the opposite sex in that way.
LibraScorpioCapricorn
There is no better way to know by exploring different relationships and developing ones own knowledge through gaining some experience. I have been gender fluid and pansexual for years now and I find that sometimes I prefer men and sometimes I prefer women, and sometimes there is not a preference. It takes time and there is no right or wrong way of self identifying.
bokchoi
Do you feel sexual attraction towards your own gender? Do you also feel sexual attraction to another gender? if you answered yes to both these questions, you're probably bisexual.
Anonymous
if you start liking some things related to LGBT and felt confused but happy on that stage, you know you are a happy bi :)
Anonymous
You just know. When you feel the same way about same sex as opposite sex, you know you are.its the best!
snowyylola
I came out of the closet in January this year as a lesbian, before that I thought I was bisexual. The reason I thought I was bisexual was because I had been with guys before, and I honestly can't remember when my interest in girls started. I think I just finally allowed myself to be open to it all off a sudden, it is quite hard to explain. However, now that I have a lot of time to think, spoken to some people and just focus on myself I realised that even though I was with guys before, even had a crush on a guy in 9th grade that I just knew. It took a while to "just know" that I was gay but if you feel attracted to both genders then that is how you feel. It is also okay to say you are bisexual and if this changes in the future then it will. I have a friend that had never questioned her sexuality (as far as I know) until she saw this girl and was just blown away by how beautiful she was and developed a crush on her, and that is how she knew. I guess if you are questioning your sexuality it is good to experiment? It is easier said than done but just seeing how you feel about the idea of dating/being attracted to the other sex can help a lot when it comes to self-discovery. Talking to someone about these feelings can also be helpful just to speculate and understand better. I would advise speaking to someone that has experienced questioning their sexuality, regardless of their sexual orientation.