How do you know if your bisexual?

How do you know if your bisexual?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

Momo127
Of course. Bisexuality is not defined by equally liking both genders. If you feel that you are bisexual because you have had feelings for both genders but have a preference, you are totally valid. Seriously.
Sunburst223
Of course. All bisexuality really means, at least to me, is that you some kind of attraction to both sexes. It doesn't have to be an equal attraction.
Anonymous
It doesn't matter if you have a preference, if you are attracted to both sexes, you are bisexual.
SimplyBeing
Questions about sexuality are always hard. I have had my own experience of bisexuality but my situation and yours may be very different. I do know that what kind of sex we prefer (gay, bi, str8, ect.), who we want to be in a romantic relationship with and what our internal fantasy life is can be very different things. So whether you are bisexual depends on where you fall on all three of those categories. So a person can be attracted only to males, want to be in a romantic relationship with only women and have fantasies of both sexes. And all of those things can put them in different categories. It's okay to be who you are right here and right now. It's okay to say, "right now I am attracted to _______" or "I identify as _________ right now." Take some time to examine what you feel about each possible partner. Get some support like reaching out here or with a professional counselor. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time. I wish you peace. ~J
PeacefulFlute74
It's when you are romantically attracted to both men and women. It's a normal way of being.
AutumnLeigh
Contrary to popular belief, being curious about having a sexual experience with someone of your own gender or even trying it once or twice out of curiosity does NOT make you bisexual. Enjoying the experience enough to want to make a lifestyle of it may mean you are bisexual. If so, embrace yourself for being who you are and surround yourself with people who will be accepting and supportive!
PurpleGoddess
You know if you are bisexual, if you have sexual thoughts about both men and women. Nothing wrong with thoughts, but if you want to pursue your thoughts with both sexes then you are bixsexual.
Anonymous
Feeling attraction to more than one gender means that you could identify as bisexual. (Or pansexual!)
TheGlovedOne
You know when no matter what gender, you have an attraction to them. You think a man and a woman are equal, and one day you can date either gender. You do not favor one over the other, if you do you may just be lonely.
ladycat946
If you think you can have a love relationship and have physical intimacy with the other sex and the same sex as you, maybe you are bisexual. Don't forget that homosexuality or bisexuality is not simply a matter of physical sexual preferences. A relationship is needed to be bisexual, it's not just physical. If it is, it's more a kink or a sexual preference than being bisexual.
PilordeParadox
People think there is only three sexual orientation. Heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. But in truth it's much more complicate than that. I think that every single person has a different sexual orientation. So how do you know if you're bi? Did you fall in love with both gender? Then, yes you probably are. If not... time will tell! But most heterosexual I know never asked themselves this question, so it may be a clue.
helpfulsam99
If you have any level of attraction to 2 or more genders. Even if you like boys 90% of the time and girls 10%, you can say you're bisexual and be right.
HuddlesWillAlwaysListen
First off, let me say it is completely okay to be bisexual. You can change your sexuality any day. Just take your time. You don't have to rush your sexuality. Anyways, if you think you like a girl, do you feel the same with them when you like a boy? Are you attracted to them? If this is a yes, you could be bisexual. You could try dating a girl if that helps.
KnittedPenguin25
You are bisexual if you experience physical and emotion attraction to people who are the same, and the opposite gender as yourself. Degrees of bisexuality can vary, so you may have feelings for either gender more than the other at given times. If you don't have feelings exclusively for one gender of the other, then you may be bisexual.
Anonymous
You are bisexual and if you like girls and boys both sexually and romantically :) hope this helps!
Anonymous
If you're sexually/romantically attracted to both men and women, then you qualify for the parameters of bisexual.
Brittneym101
You don't have to put labels on your sexuality, but if you are attracted to both male and female then you are more than likely bisexual. Also, you don't have to have any experience with any of the genders to know that. Either way it's ok. You are who you are, you like what you like and we are only human at the end of the day.
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2016 10:09am
you know this if you find yourself attracted to a girl and a boy, maybe not at the same time but maybe eventually
Anonymous
You'd feel a natural attraction towards males and females and would consider being with either gender or, you wouldn't care whether you got a girlfriend or boyfriend
CalmingSunshine08
Human sexuality is an odd journey and a bit of roller coaster. Bisexuality is defined as being attracted to two genders, so a bisexual person could be attracted to males and females, females and enbies (someone who identifies as nonbinary), or males and enbies. Defining who you are attracted to as a bisexual is all up to you, defining what your sexuality is is also all up to you and no one else can truly say what your sexuality is or isn't.
Supergirl94
If you find both women and men attractive and have desires to be with them sexually and emotionally.
Anonymous
From my experience and me being bisexual myself, it's about feeling an automatic attraction to both genders; male or female.
Anonymous
If you find both genders physically attractive then you might be bisexual. So if your a female and you find not only men physically attractive but women as well...Then you are bisexual. Bisexual means that you are physically or sexually attracted to both sexes.
JoeListener
Bisexuality is a sexual orientation wherein an individual is attracted to members of more than one gender. Although the term is outdated (bi implying there are only two genders whereas that simply is not the case), many bisexuals are sexually attracted to both men and women. It does not necessarily mean that that attraction is equal for men and women, one could be more attracted to men than women, or vice versa, and still be considered bisexual. The best way to know if you, yourself, are bisexual is to ask yourself who you visualize sexually. Is it men? Is it women? Or is it some combination of both?
RaCat
If you seem both genders attractive, probably you are bisexual. In some ways, I believe that everyone has a little bit bisexuality inside them :)
helpfulButterfly84
You will have feelings for both males and females. You may notice yourself take an interest in both sexes.
KaiZager
Putting a label on yourself is not what's most important. It is to have strong connections with both sexes and not just limiting yourself to one. To see beyond body parts but for who they are. Man or woman, both an attraction to you.
LonelyAngels
As far as I know being a bisexual means ur a person whose having a romantic preference towrds the same or other type of gender :)
MissMonMon
By definition, a bisexual is attracted to both men and women sexually. You don't have to have had a sexual experience with either gender to verify your sexuality but its generally the sexual attraction to both men and women. It's something that you just know about yourself. It's not anything you have to be told. It's also perfectly normal.
tiktaaIik
I'm not sure what my bisexual is meant to be, the question seems incomplete somehow- what about my bisexuality? Weather it is natural? If you meant "How do you know if you're bisexual?" It would make more sense so I am going to go with that. Bisexuality would be apparent if you had sexual feelings for both sexes. It doesn't have to be equal 50-50 of both (in fact it is said that most people fall into some sort of a spectrum rather than being 100% homosexual or heterosexual). While some people use bisexuality to explore, it doesn't mean that you "haven't decided" or "need to pick a side" or any of those things. Just do what comes naturally to you, but remember to also respect others boundaries while you do so.