How do you know if your bisexual?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

EveryoneNeedsHugs
Knowing if you are bisexual or not isn't always as black or white as some make it out to be. Some people do know automatically.. But if you're not sure, it might boil down to experience being your next stop in figuring out your sexuality.
Anonymous
First of all, you know that you are bisexual when you are attracted to both gendeds; seeing either a woman or a man makes you think romantically. Can you imagine kissing a girl? Can you imagine kissing a boy? Does this make you happy? Sometimes it really is just a phase. You need time to figure this out.
thoughtfulHug67
When you feel sexually aroused when you see both genders. And you don't mind dating and kissing same and opposite genders.
Anonymous
If you're physically/romantically attracted to males and females. It may take a while to get it all figured out, but if you're attracted to guys and girls, chances are you're bisexual.
krazyzoeyyy101
If you'd date two genders, then you're bisexual :) Most people think it's boy and girl but "bi" means two so it's two genders you'd date
Caed
If you feel attraction for both genders, then you're probably bisexual. But since there are more than just two genders in the world, it's hard to say if some people are truly bisexual or just very sexually fluid
Anonymous
First you have to ask yourself, have you ever been attracted to both male and females? If so you then have to ask yourself, am i willing to be in a relationship with any gender? If you answered yes, you are most likely bisexual.
kyle211
My first bisexual experience was at age of 14, when I started thinking that i would be nice to kiss one of my male friends. It's not really wether you know it or not, it's how you feel. It took me more than two years to actually accept my own thoughts, and I call myself bisexual ever since.
iamclam
Personally, I know I am bisexual because I feel both a physical and emotional attraction to both cisgendered parties. I still get confused sometimes but I am confident that I would treat the same sex the way I do for the opposite in a dating scenario.
Anonymous
Bisexuality is the attraction to both genders in either a sexual or romantic manner. Sometimes one can be unsure whether they are bisexual due to the fact they thought they were straight for so long and it seems abnormal due to society. Having gone through this myself, I found the best way was to accept the feelings I found for the same gender and then I accepted I was bi.
ZeddMikuMCR
Being bisexual is finding attraction, to any two genders, doesn't have to be male and female, though that is the most common one. It's basically just finding both Gender A, and Gender B attractive and not choosing, or not being able to choose just one gender. Example: Nick finds boys attractive but has never dated one, but he finds girls attractive aswell, making him bisexual for finding both genders attractive.
Anonymous
I've been comparing my feelings towards women with my feelings towards men, and seeing if they are around the same. However, this might not be the greatest idea considering your attraction to one gender can change. But if you feel a certain way about both men and women, then you are probably bi. I would also try to communicate with some of your straight friends, and see if there's a difference in how you view the same gender.
Anonymous
If you've felt attracted to individuals of both sex, you might be bi. Just a general thought of "I guess I would't mind dating both sexes" doesn't tell much. Look into what you have felt so far.
melancholiaa
You'll feel a certain way, it'll be the same feeling you get for a boy/girl. But this time it'll be a boy/girl.
Richie15
If you're attracted to people of both genders. Sorry, I'm oversimplifying but that's how I found out!
InspireTheLiars
How did I know I was bisexual? To put it as forward as I can, being turned on by both sexes was one of the first ways I knew.
Anonymous
As someone who has been learning and exploring my own bisexuality, I can say it can seem very confusing at times. I went back and forth a lot, feeling invalid and trying to convince myself that i didn't actually feel anything more than friendship for girls, but I grew a lot and accepted it. There's no clear cut guide to figure out your sexuality, but deep introspection and really observing myself helped me out a lot.
TheAdmirableCreatureAmanda
Well you have to take some time and ask yourself who you are attracted to. If the answer is men and women, then chances are you are bi. This is a oversimplified explanation but you really need to take some time and allow yourself to consider the question without judging yourself.
Anonymous
Do you feel attracted to both males and females? If so then you are most likely bisexual. You just feel it
Theresalwaystomorrow
If you think that you are bisexual, ask yourself how do you feel about each gender. Do you find yourself attracted to one or both? Do you think you could enter a relationship with either gender? Do you think that you could find yourself open about this with someone of the same sex or opposite? Do research and see if that helps you identify!
Anonymous
You know you are bisexual if you are sexually attracted to both male and female.
Anonymous
It might be a long process in order to discover you are attracted to both genders, you know when you notice you are attracted to both males and females and most important when you can see yourself building a life with any of them
Anonymous
If you're curious don't be scared to experiment. If you don't like it that's okay and if you do that's okay too. How else are you suppose to find out? Don't worry about what people think. You only have one life, don't be scared to live it.
Auditeur
If you feel like or know that gender does not have any or high influence over your sexual and romantic attraction, that's how you know you're bisexual. Now, by this I mean you are not attracted to just on gender, but two or more genders. For some people, when they feel attracted to more than two genders, they may label as Pansexual and not Bisexual. Some may label as Pansexual because they feel like Bisexuality ignores or erases transgender, non-binary, agender, and intersex people based on the textbook definition of bisexuality. However, depending on how you choose to define bisexuality; either two genders or multiple genders, this does not have to be true. So in short, if you feel like you are attracted to two or more genders, that is how you can know you are Bisexual, or if you want to label as such, Pansexual.
Anonymous
If you feel it in your heart that you like two genders (whatever those genders are), then you're bisexual. There's really no test you can put yourself through or any way anyone else can tell you. You only can tell yourself what you're feeling.
Anonymous
I am bisexual myself. It feels so right whenever I make hearts with my eyes with a fellow woman the same way my flutter with a guy.
SocioDarlingListens
If you've felt sexual attraction towards both females and males, you're bisexual. If you've felt your heart flutter when talking to both genders.
Petitlittleprince
Do you like girls romantically and sexually? Do you like boys romantically and sexually? If you answered yes to all of those questions, you are a bisexual. If you like other genders besides boy and girl, then you are pansexual. If you don't like any gender sexually, you are an asexual. If you only like any people in a more friendly way and prefer platonic relationships then you are aromantic.
Dapperoctopus
January 22nd, 2017 9:32pm
Sexuality is hard and confusing. I wish that I could give you a clear cut answer, but only you can really decide and decipher what your own feelings are. You don't have to know right away, take your time and try to sort out your own feelings of attraction, like what it feels like to you, and who you have been attracted to. Talk to and read stuff written by people who are bisexual, see what you do or do not relate to. Do research. I wish you luck on your journey, and I want you to know that even though it might seem scary, you will find people who are supportive, and it is really good and okay to be bi.
DewdropJase
Bisexual is committing to being emotionally or sexually involved with the same gender just as you would the opposite, not to be confused with simply being sexually attracted to the opposite gender, with no chance of a relationship. Compare yourself to either of these to get a direct definition.