How will I ever be able to start my transition and become who I really am?

Sarah Macedo, LICSW

I will meet you where you are at, listening with no judgement. Helping you find a path where you find improved functioning and getting 'unstuck'.

HonestEars9
That is a very philosophical question. I am really not sure how to directly answer this. I, myself, do not even know who I really am. I live my life based on my purpose and what I enjoy doing and experiencing. I enjoy living my life knowing I can help others whether it be through volunteering or my work in the hospital. We can have moments we get stuck or face adversity..this is a human experience we all face. But, the whole process of overcoming adversity and finding ways to cope is a perfect example of transitioning...or revealing a side of yourself you never thought you had, resilience!
ghostPastry
Make a plan for yourself. Read through the Standards Of Care http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1351 and do some research on the transition methods you'd like to pursue.
originalLion57
Start small, make a plan where you take one day at a time as you make "small" changes. Do some "small" things that lead up to bigger ones and see it all as progress and know you have a goal in mind and that you deserve this so you can feel like yourself and be happy in your own skin.
BeautifulMist62
At this age, it is perfectly normal to be searching for your own identity and to continually change into the person you want to be. I want you to know that being honest with your feelings and your thoughts might be helpful for you in the process of becoming who you are. It is important that you be honest with yourself and lay out your goals and little steps you can take to reach those goals. Also I want to encourage you to talk to someone about this like a trusted adult, parent, teacher, or school counselor or getting a therapist. Sometimes just talking to someone can really help because it releases all these feelings inside and can have someone on the outside's perspective on your situation and how you should go about it.
Anonymous
well it depends on you , some trans just like clothes and makeup , some take hormones , some goes through gender reassingment sugery , its your body so make your own choices and youll be fine
BooishMonkey
Experience the world. Try something new everyday. Find what interests you the most and explore all that it has to offer. We are so lucky to have the resources today to really delve into all our interests.
Anonymous
The first step to transitioning is talking to someone. Parents and friends are a good start. It is best to begin wearing the gender chosen's clothing. Good luck with your transition!
SnoOnTheBluff
If you are thinking about transitioning you have already begun! Congratulations! Tiny steps are the stepping stones to cross the lake.
Anonymous
The first best thing would be to think positive. Positivity is key to starting a transition into becoming someone better. Even if it's just the littlest thing, a positive thought will always overrule a negative one.
Anonymous
When you are truly ready this will not be a question. You will wake up one morning and say today is the day today is day one of forever, day one of becoming who i really am and who i want to be. You can do this. If its something that will make you truly happy then do it. Tomorrow is not promised and all we have is now. So be you and be amazing. Take the step that will change you in to who you really are and shine on. I believe in you !!!
It surely will take a lot of courage. Freedom always takes courage, but it's the best thing people can have and your best chance at happiness, and you deserve it. Try keeping this thought in your mind and repeating it to yourself everytime you feel like you can't do it. Also, it's important to build yourself a support network and surround yourself with supportive people who accept and love you for who you are. Family members, friend, the LGBT community (online, or even better in person, there are many circles and open groups where you can meet them!)... Having them by your side will help you collect the strength needed and go through the hardest moments!