I always identified as a straight male, but last year I forced myself to like guys and now I like guys too! The idea of being with a guy sounds awesome and safe. Does that make me bisexual?

Stacey Kiger, LPC

My belief is that therapy is not about giving advice, but joining you on your journey

If now you feel attracted to men and women, and the thought of being with them feels good, you are bisexual! Probably, last year's experience helped you discover a part of yourself you didn't know before.
EDDIE4k5
March 3rd, 2020 3:35am
I don't think that there are some criteria that can determine one's bisexuality definitely. Neither do labels like bisexual and homosexual or heterosexual works. I think as long as you have love and compassion for your partner, you will be fine. The labels are yours to choose, not anybody to impose onto you. I am kind of gay, but sadly I never succeed in forcing myself to like the guys around me, so good news for you! I think you should enjoy this bewilderment. It is confusing and sometimes painful at first, but in the end you get to know yourself better and then you can help others in their path too. It will be beautiful when you look back at it.
Anonymous
Hi! It's great that you're exploring your sexuality-never stop! My experience as coming out as a bi guy was challenging too-but the long and short of it is this: if you're attracted to multiple genders, then you could be considered bisexual (or pansexual) There's lots of resources out on the web that can help you figure out the real you as well It took me a little while to accept it an figure it out but I'm so glad I did-its made me feel more content and has really improved my own mental health too! Hope this helps :)
cheerfulMango5536
Only you can decide what label works best for you, if you decide to use one at all. You should remember that you don't have to define your sexuality by other people's standards. If you've examined the general parameters that are accepted for bisexuality and you feel this is the best term for you, then go for it! But please, seriously, remember that you do not have to define your sexuality unless you want to! If being with a girl is great then go for it! If being with a guy is great then go for it! If both feels great then go for it! Only you can decide.