i am gay and i m feeling very uncomfortable with straight ones... because they literally say many offensive things to them?

Shawn Wilson, LCSW

I provide supportive counseling and psychotherapy. I utilize cognitive-behavioral and solution focused strategies to address client concerns. Personal coaching is available.

I know it's hard to deal with close-minded people, but luckily there are many stright people who are supportive of LGBT people because they understand there's nothing wrong with any identity! As it always happen, the intolerant people are more easily spotted than the inclusive ones, but just because they make a lot of noise it doesn't mean there's nothing but their intolerance in this world. You can surround yourself with LGBT people if it makes you feel safer, but I hope that with time you can see that there are also many inclusive strights. It's not the orientation that defines us, it's our ideas. Feel free to openly express yourself, anyone who won't judge you for it will be worthy of your respect, regardless of their orientation.
Anonymous
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that you are gay and are uncomfortable around straight people because they make offensive remarks on a regular basis? I'm sorry you've had this experience and I can't say I blame you for being uncomfortable. Who you spend time with is definitely your decision, but if you find yourself in a situation where someone says something offensive, perhaps you could also use it as a teaching moment if you feel comfortable with that and thing they'd listen to what you'd have to say? That may not be a viable option and it may very well be better for you to just remove yourself from the hate, but I hope you find a comfortable place to be!
Anonymous
I understand how hard it can be to in the LGBTQ community, it can feel like you stand out a lot for sure. I say surround yourself with people you feel comfortable with or you could talk to your friends about how you feel about the words they say. it can be uncomfortable to talk about this but it could help. Being an advocate can be hard but it can also be so so so so rewarding. Even reaching out here shows the amount of strength that you do have. Keep talking, keep reaching out, keep on being an advocate