i don’t know if i’m gay or bi or what i’m just utterly confused. i don’t want to hear that i don’t need labels i just want to know why me?

Ann Brooks, MSW, LICSW

Thank you for your interest! I am a LICSW licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I’m here to listen and I look forward to working with you.

Whatever your orientation is, it is something completely natural and innate. Whoever you are, you still get the chance of loving and being happy, though some people may judge, but that's why it's so important to surround yourself with supportive people! As for figuring it out, you can try to imagine yourself in sexual and romantic contexts with different people of different genders and see how that makes you feel. Whatever feels good determines your orientation. You don't need to have particular experiences to prove your orientation, the attraction you feel is enough to determine it even if you haven't experimented.
enbyemu
When your sexuality varies from what society deems "normal", it's truly a challenge. I don't want to belittle that. However, society is becoming more and more accepting and people are able to be more and more open about who they are. It's slow change. It's not happening fast enough. But it is happening. There is no "why me" because this just IS you. There's no reason. You weren't cursed, you didn't do something wrong. This is just how it is. I hope you can learn to love yourself as you are. Good luck.
Anonymous
Take you time to explore your sexuality. Maybe youre gay, maybe you're bi. Both is ok. One day you'll figure it out. Don't stress yourself to much about it
Anonymous
Questioning sexuality happens to everyone and a good chunk of the population is bi naturally so there's a chance that it and your just now thinking about it