I don't really feel like a girl or a guy. Is it possible to be neither?

Jamitia Wilson, MS, LAC

I believe that true healing occurs when one is able to honestly express how one feels about himself/herself and the world. I would be honored to support your healing change.

heartt
Hey. It is. There are many genders beyond the gender-binary. Like Agender or Nonbinary which would describe being neither. There's a big spectrum but those two terms are closest to what you asked. Maybe looking up those two terms would help you?
tranquilCentaur
Of course it is! No matter what you feel you are/aren't, your identity is valid. I identify as agender, meaning I consider myself to have no real gender. All gender identities/sexualities/romantic identities are valid, and don't let anyone tell you differently.
UntilThen
Yes! You can be gender neutral. This means you don't strongly identify with either gender. It's right in the middle of the gender spectrum :)
TaranWanderer
Of course it is! Our biology dictates what our bodies look like, but the feeling and expectations of being a "boy" or "girl" are entirely just things imposed by society. So, it makes sense that there can be inbetween feelings, mixed feelings, or even feelings completely outside of either boy or girl. How you identify is up to you, but there are a few options for being neither, such as: nonbinary, agender, or genderqueer. It's totally possible (and okay!) to be neither boy or girl :)
justbailey
It is! This is often called agender, people who identify as agender don't have a gender identity although some have a neutral gender identity that is neither female or male. Some people also identify as genderless. There's also neutrois which means that you identify as non-binary, not female, not male, not a mix. There are countless types of gender identity, many of which not male or female.
Anonymous
Yes you can go by they/them and be called a multi gender name. You go by what you feel most comfortable with. It is your life be whatever you want to be weather that's girl/ boy / both its up to you. Live life how you want to.
Anonymous
It's 100% okay to be neither and you totally can be, non-binary, agender, genderqueer, and a several more are a few names for it, and if you're having a hard time expressing it as well, remember that gender neutral doesn't mean vaguely masculine, everything, and anything is gender neutral as it's just stuff. The most important part of this is to remember to try things out and see what's comfortable and what makes you happy, guys, gals, and NB pals, we're all supporting you regardless of what you will find that fits, either it's cis after all, or anything in the spectrum, good luck pal :3
fruitCat
Definitely. Gender is a spectrum and it is very possible to not have a gender. It is possible you are non-binary (although don't let me label you; you choose what labels you do/don't have), or another form of trans. Have a google, there are plenty of resources on the internet that can tell you a lot about different genders and forms of gender expression. That might help you work out how to best express youself and be you.
goldie1275
Yes of course! There are more than just two genders out there - and it's totally fine to feel like you're both, none, or something entirely different. There are heaps of support groups out there about gender identity and feeling like you're non-binary if you need them.
LovingRainbowSkies
November 21st, 2017 9:38am
Absolutely. You could be non binary. You are not alone. There are a lot of NB people out there. I know we only really talk about male or female but there are a lot of other genders in between.
Anonymous
Yes! You can be nonbinary, agender, or any of those type identities and you will still be completely and utterly valid!
cylee
It is definitely possible! Nonbinary, agender, and or gender nonconformist people exist and are 100% valid! Gender is a spectrum. Not a definite this or that. And you can fall anywhere from female to male or neither at all. It’s how you personally feel and what you identify with.
Anonymous
it definitely is!! You could be non-binary (used as a umbrella term for anyone outside of male or female) or you could also be agender (a non-binary identity)! Agender is just where you feel a lack of a gender. So you don't feel like you have one. If you feel you're agender, I suggest you do some research on it!
RiotRook1991
In a biological sense, no. You're either male, female, or intersex, but under certain conditions, it's possible you may feel differently. Do the best you can to seek out a psychologist and tell them how you feel about your gender identity as soon as you can. It's important to speak to someone who can help you move towards what may be effecting you.
SwordAndThePen
Absolutely. Gender identities are a spectrum. You could feel like a mixture of the binaries, a combination of neither, or something entirely its own. Only you can define what your identity means to you. Take some time to experiment with different labels and definitions until you find one that fits.
AzulFresa77
Me too! Yes I think it's possible to neither, I havnt really came out to anyone about it because I'm afraid of being judged, but if I can be gay than I can be neither gender too.
finnyfae
I know plenty of people have said this here, but it’s possible. (I’m nonbinary and don’t identify as either male or female!) There’s lots of really great communities out there, and I while I know trying to figure out gender stuff is tricky and sometimes stressful, keep in mind that gender is a personal experience and you’re 100% valid to be who you are.
CaliforniaGurl56
Yes! You're most likely agender. Not having a gender. And its totally ok! Just be yourself and live life!