I dreamt about kissing someone of the same-sex, what does it mean ?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

Jazyjeff
January 21st, 2016 9:32pm
Well, that's actually completely normal, doesn't mean you're gay or anything maybe bi curious......
WhitneysSafeSpace
Well, it could mean a number of things. It could mean absolutely nothing, or that part of you has been thinking about any part of the dream (like that person, or kissing in general, or feelings about that person, etc), or it could mean that you want to kiss that person. It's really up to you to do some soul searching and think about how you feel about your dream and what YOU think it means.
CaptainSparrow99
January 3rd, 2016 6:31am
Firstly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't have to mean anything. It could mean that you are interested in the same sex. It could mean that you're curious. It could mean that your dreams take you to random places. I wouldn't stress too much on it because it doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.
Potatofry
It means that you like them and like the idea of kissing them. You could be gay/lesbian, bisexual or even pansexual. You need to figure out for yourself whether you want a label or just thought of kissing that particular person. Either way, please know that your identity IS valid. Be proud of it!
Anonymous
Dreams often can be how we actually feel, our underlying thoughts, but they also can be just figments of our imagination. So if you dreamt of that, you might be attracted to the same sex and have not fully accepted or grasped it yet.
richVision21
it means you want to experience something new and maybe you're attracted to the same sex there's nothing wrong with that
BerrySunset
I think it depends on how you felt about the scenario. If you were repulsed, then it might be just a dream but if you enjoyed the kiss or maybe just wanted to try it again, then you might interest in people of the same sex as you. I suggest keeping an open mind and exploring possibilities within yourself.
Anonymous
It doesn't have to mean anything! Some dreams are just crazy and don't have any insight on who you are. If it's something you feel like you would want to do in the real world, it may mean that you aren't as straight as you thought. However, dreams shouldn't rule who you are. Also, depending on whether or not you kissed someone you know personally in your dream, that could mean you have a crush on them or something of the sort. No matter what your sexuality or gender or identity is, you are still accepted on 7 Cups and everywhere else!
DialWithin
September 2nd, 2015 4:14am
Represents self acceptance. :) You are acknowledging your feminine/masculine side, depending on gender
Anonymous
When I started having dreams like this I started reading books about same sex relationships to see how I would react to them this helped me learn that I was bisexual and transgendered. Reading really helped me develop who I am and answer questions about who I am! Luna by Julie Ann Peters, Great and Terrible Beauty just to name two.
gracefulSunshine62
It could be just a dream. A dream doesn't determine if you are gay or not. But it could mean it is on your mind. When I was questioning I thought about the significance to my dreams, thoughts, preferences. But really the only one who can determine how you identify or the significance of anything is you. If you choose a label that you feel you identify with that is 100% cool! If you don't want a label or you still feel like you identify as straight that is cool too and 100% valid!
Anonymous
Well it might not mean anything but it might hint at the fact that you're curious about kissing someone of the same-sex or you really want to. Sexuality is weird and confusing and I know that sometimes we tend to deny ourselves of who we are when we want to try and "be normal" but there is no true "normal". So maybe you should really think about what it means to you - have you thought about it while you're awake? have you ever wanted to do it outside your dreams? No matter what you realize about yourself, who you are is good enough and you will always be loved by someone no matter your sexuality. It's up to you to determine what it means to you but just know you have a whole family of support on here at 7cups!
Emkabuu19
For me it was nothing special because I already knew that I like girls, but for others it can mean nothing, because it is just a dream. What really matters is will you act on it?
floatingonclouds
Nothing in general. There could be a possibility of you having sexual feelings, but it doesn't mean anything in general.
SnoOnTheBluff
I personally have never put much stock into dreams, I subscribe to the ideal that they are just the brains way of filing away information while you sleep. Dreams sometimes don't make sense and sometimes you do things in a dream you'd never do in real life. Or maybe you just want to kiss some cute same sex people. Who knows!
Butterfly121
It could mean you arent straight, or it could mean nothing at all! Plenty of straight people have had romantic feelings towards the same sex and still been straight.
GottafallBeforeyouFLY
It might mean that you're just curious about the same-sex. It doesn't mean you're sexually interested. Just that you're curious about what it'd be like.
mcla
It doesn't necessarily mean that you are attracted to the same sex if that is what you're thinking. Sometimes its curiosity kicking in
destielwins
Nothing really. A lot of people dream about just that while still being 100% straight. But even if it were to mean something else, that would be okay! But as long as you're just honest to yourself you will be fine.
JamesLGBT
Well, i remember my first time having a dream about a member of the same-sex. It was shocking, but interesting at the same time. It helped me define who I am today!
Anonymous
I personally don't think it means anything. It doesn't mean you are bisexual, but you still could be regardless. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe just think about how you would feel about that dream actually happening.
BlueBurns
I hope you aren't worried or anything about this because there isn't any need for it at all :) Dreaming about kissing someone doesn't have to mean anything in specific all the time. It's alright and normal for a straight person to have a dream about kissing someone of the same sex. It doesn't mean they are gay or bi. It could be a casual dream just about kissing someone who happened to be of the same sex. However, the context of your dream does matter. Was it someone who have been attracted to for a while but you've been trying to sort of stay clear from those thoughts? Was the dream detailed? Things like that. This could possibly mean that you experience same sex attraction and that you have been repressing it. Or simply, it's a dream manifestation of your inner feelings which aren't really repressed or so. Although I'm not entirely a believer of dream analysis (this isn't even an attempt at one haha), this could mean that you are queer. Of course this shouldn't be the sole basis of your conclusion that you're gay or bi or queer. There's so many other things that happen in real life that play into it and this dream was probably just a hint about it. It may or may not mean that you aren't straight. Either way, bottomline: It's completely alright to have a dream like you did :) Hope you aren't worried so much. Cheers!
WinterDog
Maybe you are attracted to the same sex or maybe it was just your sub conscious randomly dreaming about it for no reason or to convey a different meaning (a lot of dreams are cryptic) It's nothing to get too hung up about, hope you have a great day :)
Anonymous
It could mean something or it could also mean nothing. It means whatever you want it to mean. It could lead to you questioning your sexuality, which is completely valid, but also it could just be a one time dream and you may dismiss it as that. Whatever you decide is the right choice.
ppeachess
It could mean that you experience attraction to people who identify as the same gender as you, or it could mean nothing! Dreams do often reflect what we've been thinking about or doing during the day time, though, so you may want to explore your sexuality more. It's important, however, not to pressure yourself into identifying as anything you don't want to. Don't overthink it!
shadowhawk
it doesn't mean anything, just do what feels good, life is simple dont over think :) and if that feels good then go ahead, just be sure to be safe.
Anonymous
January 31st, 2018 12:52pm
Things we supress eventually foind their way into dreams. Dreams are just symbolic of what resides in the subconcious. It doesn't neccessarily mean you are homosexual - it could also mean you have reservations, fears or avpoidances surrounding homosexuality. All in all the amount of power you give the topic of homosexuality, gives you more of a chance of having same-sex experiences in-dream.
Anonymous
It could mean a variety of things - that you are attracted to the same gender or both genders. Take some time to explore your own identity.
Anonymous
It could mean multiple things. It's possible that you are wondering about being attracted to people of the same sex, and that's something you'll figure out over time. It's also possible that it was just a crazy dream because who doesn't have those?
Anonymous
In dreams kisses often mean having a conversation with someone, so it's not actually about kissing someone. Dreams are very symbolic at times.