I dreamt about kissing someone of the same-sex, what does it mean ?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

chamomilewizard
It could mean that you are gay, but it really depends. Dreams aren't always the most accurate, but they do have some significance, as they are the thoughts of our subconscious. Psychologically-speaking, dreams are how we problem-solve. In essence, it really varies from case to case. It really comes down to whether your waking self experiences romantic and/or sexual attraction to one of the same sex; however, do not disregard this experience entirely.
Max23102000L
This doesn't have to mean anything. It can happen to anyone. But if it bothers you just thinkabout it
Anonymous
I don't believe having a dream could really mean something along the lines of lgbt+. If you do maybe you should ask yourself some questions about how you felt about the dream kiss and things along those lines
bountifulShell29
oww, I've had tons of this kind of dreams, you don't have to look for a meaning, it's just a dream, in your dreams, you can do whatever you want! just enjoy!
Anonymous
Kissing someone of the same sex in a dream doesn't necessarily have to mean anything. You are normal.
sterlingvocals
Dreaming is a way for our brains to analyze, re-visit, or simply to create. Your dream could be a result of any number of things, but the important thing to remember is that not all dreams mean something special.
TheLoreWriter
November 21st, 2015 3:57pm
Dreaming about kissing someone of the same sex could mean you are sexually curious, or it could mean nothing at all. Dreams can get really weird or be something that doesn't make sense for you to do. If you are actually curious about kissing somebody of the same sex, then that's all it is. If you aren't, then don't sweat it.
Anonymous
November 21st, 2015 6:54pm
If you've been dreaming about kissing someone of the same sex, you might be questioning your sexuality in a sense that you may not understand. For myself, I went through it and later discovered that, within myself, I was bisexual and that I wasn't disgusting or wrong, I was just of a different sexuality which is not shameful in the slightest. Maybe you aren't even questioning your sexuality, maybe you just had a gay dream, but it's not something to be ashamed of.
majesticBlanket12
November 22nd, 2015 2:01am
it could mean you might be attracted to the same sex or it could just be a weird dream. don't stress about it. Theres nothing wrong with being attracted to the same sex.
Euphoria17
It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Dreams like that can happen. However if the person you dreamt about means something to you or attracts you it can mean that you are into them. If this kind of dreams happen again it might mean that you are either unsure of your sexuality or it means that you could be gay.
greenJOHN1971
It means, you should give it a try and see if you like it. But, a dream doesn't ever reveal it's meaning to you. It could be that you just need a "guy" friend. In other counties, it's not uncommon for guys to be holding hands or kissing cheeks, and be strait as hell.
Briellexoxo
It may mean that you are attracted to the same sex,or curious about being with the same sex and that's ok
Maybe it could be that you find that some one attractive and you have some sort of interest in her/him.
Hclipz
It could mean something, it could mean nothing. You're the only person who can figure that out. Don't stress about it too much, It could have been nothing more than a dream, if you feel like it means more though, it's perfectly okay to try to figure out what those feelings mean.
magicalPumpkin28
If the person you dreamed about is someone close to you, it could be that you have a deep respect or strong feelings for this person (not specifically romantic feelings)
ZzzzzzOakley
From my research ,If this occurs rarely , it could mean nothing. However , if it occurs all the time or you get it frequently , it could mean something.
AutumnLeaf32
It does not necessarily mean that you like the same sex. Things that happen in dreams often make little sense. It only really means much if you are attracted to someone of the same sex in real life.
Anonymous
December 2nd, 2015 9:37pm
However you felt about that dream MIGHT possibly tell you what it means. If you didn't like the dream then you probably aren't attracted to the same sex. If you liked it then you could possibly like the same sex or be a bit curious.
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2015 11:38pm
I'm no dream-reader, my friend, but it may mean that you are 'curious,' per say. This is not wrong and exploring these curious tendencies is completely open.
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2015 11:57pm
it doesn't have to mean anything. Its just a dream. but if you do have feelings for someone from the same sex, don't ignore them. accept them :)and don't be scared of what others might think!
BeastIsTheBeauty
It doesn't mean anything unless you want it to mean something. Plenty of straight people or gay people dream of kissing someone, but that doesn't mean they would or that they liked it. It's up to you to interpret them as you see fit.
eternalPassion14
It may just mean that you crave affection and the gender of that person may not mean it changes your sexuality
Anonymous
It doesn't have to mean anything, not that your sexuality is any different than it was yesterday. You're still the same person and maybe it'd be good to reflect on yourself and see if it really does mean something to you. But over all, maybe you're just interested in that person and it shouldn't change your identity at all
Anonymous
There is no certain way to know what a dream mean, if it means anything. There are a number of reasons why you could have dreamed about kissing the same sex. My advice is to try to not worry too much about what the dream means. If you develop same sex attraction or you don't, it will happen in time. Try not to focus too much on figuring everything out, it will work itself out.
calmKitty86
Your sexuality does not need to be tied down to a single thing, you can kiss anyone you want and still identify as straight or you can identify as anything you wish to identify as
LondonNightLife
It doesn't necessarily mean you are bisexual or gay, it could just be that you are curious about the same sex. I once had a similar dream on more than one occasion, within the next few weeks I kissed someone of the same sex - it was OK, but it was then I realized that I was 100% straight. This thoughts/dreams may intensify, they may even go away completely but sometimes you have to try it to know. Only you can truly answer that question, it's just about how long these feelings go on for and how you feel after you've done it. Lastly, remember - there is nothing wrong with being gay/bisexual, be you and be happy!
Anonymous
Dreams are possibly the weirdest things that could possibly happen to us. Dreams could mean nothing, and dreams can mean something. However, if you feel strongly about liking the same sex, that's perfectly okay, and you shouldn't feel bad. But dreams don't always make sense, so who knows what it could mean?
Olivia321
Hi! I'm Olivia. When I was younger, I dreamed I kissed one of my best friends, who is the same sex as me. It could mean you are just curious, or it could even mean nothing and is just one of those weird dreams that are random. But for me, it definitely scared me, I didn't have much knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community at the time. But now that I'm older and a little more mature, I have realized that I am actually pansexual... who knew? I came out to my friends a few months ago, actually. Anyways, it meant something for me, but really you don't need to worry too much.
cuteava
It could mean nothing, but it could be your subconscious trying to tell you you might not be straight as you may have thought you were. but don't stress out about, you'll always be learning more about yourself as time goes on
Jonsayshello
It really can be interpreted any way - many people who identify as straight have homosexual tendencies, and that's alright. Feel free to explore your sexuality and find out what it means, because you're the only person who can find that answer.