I feel sexual attraction towards women, but I always picture sex with men. I don't know if it is because that's what I was trained to think, or if I am actually attracted to men. Can someone help?

Romania

Maria Anisia Dascalescu Cocan, Ma

Therapy slogan : confidentiality, respect and professionalism!

Aayla - Expert in LGBTQ+
Try to ask yourself what you feel when you picture sex with men, or when you see men that you find beautiful. Maybe you've trained to think that you should have sex with them, but do you actually want that? How would that make you feel? Also, if you feel attracted to women, you should start trying to picture them as well, to "train" yourself to follow your own desires instead of what you've been told. As a bisexual girl, time ago it felt unnatural for me to picture myself with women, I was taught that I shouldn't and I internalized this to the point that it took a while for me to start picturing myself with them and not feeling wrong. Once you'll have "trained" to let yourself free to fantasize about whoever you find attractive, answers will come more easily. You'll be able to tell if picturing men and picturing women feels the same or if it's different and if you prefer one of them. In most cases, when it comes to sexuality, answers come when you let your mind, heart and body free!