I think I am attracted to girls as well as boys but I keep pushing my feelings for girls to the side because I keep thinking me feelings aren’t strong enough for me to be bisexual. Any advice?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

quietday01
Bisexuality isn't always 50% attraction to one gender and 50% attraction to another. The intensity of your attraction doesn't define or invalidate your feelings. If you feel comfortable with the bisexual label- use it & own it! :) if not, that's okay. Labels can't always accurately convey the way we feel.
Anonymous
Bisexuality isn't a 50/50 type of thing, you could be more attracted to boys than you are to girls while still being bisexual. Don't push the feelings to the side because they aren't being allowed to fully develop which is only making the situation more confusing. Don't force yourself to have feelings but any feelings that come along need to be allowed to develop in order for you to truly understand whether or not you might be bisexual. It might just be your mind playing tricks, but you might really not be straight. Don't limit yourself just because you think your feelings aren't what they should be for you to be bisexual. Bisexuality is a spectrum of different attractions that vary from person to person