I think Im asexual but i dont know what kind. I do not experience sexual attraction and I feel no need for a romantic relationship, but I still notice if someone of any gender is cute, help?

Maryna Svitasheva, PhD. RP

Psychotherapy I provide is based on a dialog and your active intention to look for a solution with the therapist's assistance

Anonymous
There's something called ace-aro meaning that a person feels no sexual attraction, or has little desire for sex, and doesn't feel any romantic attraction. You can still find people cute. That is aestheticc attraction where you can just look at a person and find them well apealing to look at.-- that doesn't mean you want to have sex or a romantic relationship. Ace-aro people are very much underrepresented and need to be out there more for people to learn about. Of course you as an individual can change the way you identify yourself and your sexuality different later lm in life.
iridescentEmber
Well, that makes sense. You still count as asexual but you also count aromantic if you don't feel the need for relationships. It's natural to admit that though, don't worry about that. I myself am ace and demiro so I feel no sexual attraction to anyone and a romantic attraction to people I have a strong emotional bond with. Just keep in mind that there are 2 parts to attraction, sexual attraction and romantic attraction. You certainly seem to be ace and aro though. Remember that that is perfectly fine and so is the ability to admit that someone of any gender is cute.
Anonymous
Hi. It's perfectly ok to feel how you feel and know one should expect you to label yourself one way or another. Just like its OK for someone to be attracted to both or all genders its OK to not feel attraction or need for a romantic relationship for any genders either. As for finding people cute, if you do choose to identify as A sexual that doesn't mean you have no idea on what makes someone cute or even attractive. My experience is that I am currently Demi-Sexual (unable to form attraction without an initial emotional bond) and that doesn't mean i can't find a stranger looks nice. Hope this helps - One of the many friendly people out there
BeeboIsQueen
It's okay to think someone is cute (or even date someone) while being asexual. Some asexual people only like platonic relationships, but other asexual people are open to a non-sexual romantic relationship. (I think some asexual people are open to sexual relationships, but do not prefer it- I'm not sure). Anyways, it is completely okay (and even normal) to think someone is cute. If you are unsure about it, do some research on the topic. There are sexual orientations that are very close to the definition of asexual, but there are exceptions for certain things. Its okay if you aren't sure about it, just be you. :)
Being asexual doesn't mean you are not sensitive to beauty, or cuteness, or whatever you might enjoy in people. You can still appreciate and bond with people, even if not in a sexual or romantic way. You can be asexual and aromantic, and still at the same time appreciate whatever is good about them in a non-sexual and non-romantic way.