I think i'm gay but my family is hardcore catholic and would definitely disown me if I came out, What should I do?

Netherlands

Caroline Middelsdorf, MSc.

I am a warm hearted, patient, calm and open-minded therapist. I am here to dedicate my expertises to my clients and their individual challenges, thoughts and feelings.

Remember that your safety always comes first. If you feel like it's not safe for you to come out right now, you have all the rights to wait until you are more independent, so you can come out safely because you'll have your own life. If you feel like it's urgent for you to come out and be free to express yourself, and you want to do it soon, it would be safe to make sure you have supportive people around you before coming out to them. This way, if things don't go well, you'll know there will someone by your side to help and support you.
Anonymous
Hello! I'm sorry that your situation isn't ideal right now. Coming out is difficult especially when your family doesn't support you. I know that you might be ready to come out now but your safety comes first. If you think you could be in danger of being disowned, you should probably wait until you are independent. If you insist on coming out now, you should be prepared. Maybe let a friend know that you are coming out and need somewhere to stay if things go south. Have a bag packed and ready in case you need to leave. Things you should have are money, chargers for any electronics you have, and extra clothes. I hope this helped.