If you could choose, would you have preferred to have a different sexuality then you have?

Graham Barrone, Adip ICHP, MCBT

If you've found that your quality of life has reduced because of anxiety, fear or some kind of mental hurdle that you just can't get over then lets chat.

Anonymous
Yes. I'm bisexual, and it would be easier, I think, to be either gay or straight. it's hard being any, I know, but being bi, one of the in the middle sexualites, you're subject to a lot of questions, and sometimes it's really difficult to be proud of it, and not ashamed.
Anonymous
Simple answer, no. (Longer answer)Throughout my life, there were moments when I felt so alone, broken and different...I wished and yearned to be accepted and for a long time that made me wished I was what everyone would consider normal...even got me to pretend and tried to force myself to be something I'm not. But as life taught me lessons, I learned that I didn't preferred to be a different sexuality, that "being straight" wouldn't solve the problem because I wasn't the only one struggling and everyone deserved the same love and acceptance. So I learned not to wish or dream to be something I'm not and instead to do my very best to be comfortable with who I am and give others a space to feel happy being who they are.
geovanisouza92
No. But I already asked myself how it could be. My spirituality teaches that every aspect of our lives is planned to be a challenge to self knowledge and spiritual growing. So, I'm fine with that. :D
deserve
March 2nd, 2015 5:46pm
We all want to be accepted. Some time ago I would, but I came to a conclusion that it's the way I am, and to be truly happy I need to be proud of who I am. It may not be a easy thing to do, but it's worth it. Being happy with yourself.
BellaStorm17
That’s a very interesting question.Actually,no because I’m very happy with who I am right now and don’t feel the need to change that.
Luckily, we can't choose! And I say luckily, because diversity is precious and beautiful. I wouldn't choose a different orientation but rather a different society, a more inclusive and open-minded one. But our orientations are part of who we are, they are our way to love and be happy, and they're all beautiful.
Nicobaka
Most definitely not. In terms of sexuality, I consider myself to be pansexual, which is commonly refered to as being gender-blind, meaning that I experience attraction to all genders, basically regardless of what their gender idendity is. I would never choose to change my sexuality because it's what makes me who I am, and I personally consider it something great to not be affected by what's on the outside.
halcyonSea12
Short answer: No. Being bi has taught me openness and has allowed me to touch others like me. I also can always tell who the [insert negative word describing a person] is in the room because they give me an odd look when I announce that I'm bi (or say something about having a girlfriend) and that helps me filter out the dirt from my life. I am who I am because I'm bi and bi is what I am. If I were straight, I wouldn't be me.
Anonymous
No. Embrace your sexuality, as you embrace yourself. Your sexuality is only a part of who you are, but without your sexuality, you would not be who you are.
flagkind
No, I'm happy the way I am! Life may be a little easier if I was straight, but I feel good being me!
Anonymous
well many a time this decision is influenced by our society, the people we live around. we will choose whats good for us, we will also choose what's best for the society. the people who are very confident, brave and "ready to stand against the world" types can only make an independent decision on this topic....
Anonymous
I know you mean orientation but I'm going to talk about a thing that's more important to me. I would choose to be able to enjoy sex even when I don't absolutely perfectly trust the person in every way. I know this has kept me out of a lot of bad situations but it's also making me miserable. I want to be able to have some fun with someone even when the conditions aren't absolutely perfect. I would also like to be attracted only to people who are attracted to me and will admit it.
Heavenlyhorizons
No not at all. I'm content with my sexuality. At first when I discovered I was bi I wished I could be straight to fit in. But I've learn a lot through the past couple of years. I know that being bisexual isn't a choice and I've learned to accept who I am. Being bi is just a small part of all that I have to offer as an individual so I wouldn't change it. I encourage all of you to love yourself for who you truly are! Don't change for anyone
justamoose
im pan so im really up for anything . so i think im good with my tastes. though it would be easier if i were straight i guess.
King0fclubs
Sometimes I wish I were asexual, (Straight Cis Hetero-normative Male) It would make my life a lot less frustrating and despairing. Like A-Romantic Asexual...
Anonymous
February 22nd, 2016 2:21am
No because I feel fine with who I am and I think that as long as I feel okay and enjoy living the life I do with who I want then it's okay. I'm fine with my sexuality whether or not other people accept it.
evalis
No I won't. It was hard enough finding myself finally and I don't want to give that up even though my life would be a lot easier if I was of a different sexuality.
julesap3
In my opinion, no not really. I am fine with being asexual, it's just who I am. Some people don't understand, and I've been told being asexual wasn't a real thing. I don't care. My feelings are valid.
Adoredmango
That's hard because it means I could be like everyone else but I'd answer no my sexuality is part of me and if that means I'm not like everyone then I'll do that
Anonymous
After everything that I have been through just because of being "straight", if I could choose? I would definitely have preferred to have a different sexuality than the one I have now because I think I would rather be attracted to the same sex as I. As long as I don't get hurt? I'd have no problem choosing a different sexuality (if I could) but i can't :) but I am content with the sexuality I have now.
There are people who are very happy of where there are in their sexuality and there are others who are confused or not sure. The idea is for you to find the sexuality that makes you feel comfortable and yourself the most. Most importantly that you are happy being in that sexuality.
RaCat
No. I know it can be hard to be the part of LGBT as there are plenty of people who are judging us and who are hating us but I would never change the way I love and who I love. Because it's who I am and nobody has right to criticize it :/ #LGBTQ
avocadoallyson
I would not choose to have a different sexuality because my sexuality represents my true self and my true emotions.
Anonymous
I'm honestly proud of the sexuality that I have. Everyone else should also be proud of who they are :) I wouldn't change myself from anything other than what I already am.
Anonymous
I think that a long time a go I would have answered yes but not today because I think being gay or straight would have been so much easier because I kind of would have had an easier way of figuring it out. Though now I would say no because if I hadn't gone through what I did I wouldn't be who I am today. I am proud of being pansexual because I don't care about what gender a person is or what genitals they have, I care about who they truly are on the inside❤️❤️
tranquilPomegranate61
No, I am happy the way I am, and not being sure what you are, is just as awesome, because caring about people is amazing
radiantFireworks51
Yes, I am bisexual and I'd have even preferred to be lesbian rather than bi, but obviously I'd much rather be straight as it would be so much easier not having to come out then suffer from homophobic people
goldie1275
No, definitely not. I think my sexuality is a part of who I am, and has made me more generous and accepting of other kinds of differences. I would not have had the same kind of relationships with other people in the LGBT+ community, and have met so many people like me who are supportive and loving for who I am. I'm very grateful for my sexuality, and has not made things more complicated for me, but better.
Scorpio71
This I have definitely struggled with; most of my life sometimes I really think I should have been born the opposite but something went wrong in utero I guess
Anonymous
you mean, gender? I believed that I had to be a boy my entire life but i was born as a female, it was causing too much anxiety but now, i see that, the way i saw myself was not because i had a male brain, but the standards of society telling that females (or males) must be in a certain shape, behave or talk in a certain way and other irrelevant stuff. so once i got that opportunity to get into an environment where these features were not required and people were not judgemental, i discovered that i was really a female, just not so feminine. So I still wouldn't mind being a boy, but no, I am okay with it now.