I'm a boy but feeling like girl sometimes. I want to wear girl dresses and wig rarely. But I don't want to be a girl permanently. Please help me to overcome this?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Anonymous
Just because a lot of people identify as either male or female doesn’t mean that everyone does. If you’re realizing that you identify outside of the gender binary that’s great and you don’t have to “overcome it”. What’s important is that you’re being true to yourself and how you feel. If sometimes you feel female, embrace that. If other times you feel male, embrace that too. Same for if you don’t feel as male or female at all. Clothes don’t have to have a gender. If you want to wear a dress, that doesn’t mean it has to be a “girls dress”. If you own it than it’s YOUR dress and that’s what matters.
It sounds like your gender identity is non-binary. Being non-binary means not identifying 100% with one gender. You might feel like you belong to more than one gender, or maybe to one gender at a time and then another in a different time. This would explain why you feel like a girl sometimes, but not always, so you wouldn't want to be one gender permanently, because your gender identification is fluid. It's ok to be non-binary, it's still not a very widely known reality, but there are many non-binary people who live their identity freely and happily, according to their own needs and finding their own balance. You can do that too!