I'm love with my best friend, but she's straight. What do I do?

Luz Cotto-Charneski, LCSW

As your therapist I will help guide and support your unique process of self-discovery. I will witness you reclaim your voice and find a life of fulfillment, purpose, and ease.

ausimtin
Although it may be frustrating or sad that you like someone that doesn't like you back, it's important to remember that she is your best friend and that she would never want to hurt you on purpose. Of course, it is disappointing and feel s hopeless to be in love with someone who doesn't reciprocate the feelings but you should try your best to accept it since you cannot change someone's sexual orientation. If you have told her and she has told you that she doesn't feel the same way just tell her that you will still be her friend either way.
YeBoiiJ254
Well, you should respect your best friend's sexuality. Everybody has their own will to be of whatever sexuality they want to be. If you attempt to talk to her about the whole situation, and she does not seem like she is comfortable with it, then you should respect that and just ignore that in love feeling furthermore and stick to her as your best friend. If you truly care about your best friend, then you should respect her personal emotions and likings, and that includes sexuality. The answer to the situation is all based on respect for your best friend's sexuality. If she is of a different sexuality, then just respect that at all costs.
sereneIceCream86
Tell her how you feel. she may not feel the same, and it may be awkward, but things will get better, and i'm sure you will remain best friends. I feel the same way. I have liked my best friend for a while now but he is gay. i understand how you feel. maybe try writing her a letter, or sending a text if telling her in person is too difficult. just know you are not alone. 7cups is here to listen and support you 100%. Wish you the best of luck in fulfilling your wishes in 7cups.
Anonymous
I know how this feels, you should follow your heart, but be cautious and careful with what you choose to do. Don't let anxiety get to you, and do not bottle up your feelings either. If you feel you need to talk more about it, you can reach out to an active listener here on 7 cups of tea, or get more advice from those who support you most! Also, sometimes things can seem really stressful when managing those feelings, but if you just take a deep breath and remind yourself it will be alright, then it really will be!
Anonymous
I'm sorry, this situation is so common but so painful. There's not much to do, if you're certain she's not interested then you just need to accept that and move on. You could decide to talk to her about it, to let her know how you feel, but I don't recommend that if you want to keep her as a friend. It might just end up causing unwanted tension. You could use the time alone of self-isolation to work on it. A bit of time separated from here will probably help. I hope this is helpful, and hope that you can get over this situation soon. Have a lovely day!
friendlyHero5631
There's not a lot you can do. First, are you sure she's straight? If so, you have two options. You can confess to her and face the possibility of your friendship changing and becoming awkward. She might be really cool about it and could just strengthen your relationship. In the best case scenario, even if she's straight she realizes she like you or it turns out she was questions and maybe (hopefully) liked you back. There's a lot of possibilities that could occur if you tell her but if you don't, your friendships stays the same and you slowly move on. You now have to figure out what is more important to you.
Anonymous
I've been there, and I know how tough this can be. This will be hard to hear, but you have to force yourself to move on - she's still your best friend, straight or not, and the best chance of continuing to have a good friendship with her is if you don't let your romantic feeling overtake your platonic ones. Remind yourself why you became friends with her while also reminding yourself that she's straight and unavailable. If you need to, try and keep some distance between you for a week or two to help yourself move on. Best of luck! I know it's hard but you'll be okay
SarahR0SE
Before you act in any way, I would take time to reflect on what you want the outcome to be. If you decide you want to tell her how you feel, make sure you are prepared for her reaction. She may not take this well and it could change your friendship forever. If you decide to keep this to not tell her, then maybe talk to others to manage your emotions. Accept how you feel and then try to move on from the situation. These feelings can be difficult to deal with so i think it would be beneficial to talk them through. Warm wishes