I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual, but I love this girl not in a sexual manner. Is it possible to be sexually attracted to males but romantically attracted to females?

Brittany Kelley, MSW, LCSW

I am a psychodynamically trained clinical social worker. I find assisting women and families through difficult times an extremely rewarding and collaborative process.

Anonymous
It’s not as common, but most definitely possible! Sometimes we feel more of a sexual attraction to people, and other times we feel more romantic attraction towards people! I don’t think there is a particular ‘label’ for this yet, although I’m not a professional so I could be wrong! However, this doesn’t mean it’s impossible! It’s okay to not be 50% attracted to guys, and 50% attracted to girls in the exact same way. Humans are always changing and having ‘phases’ of sorts! Some days you may feel 80% attracted to girls, while other days you may just be 20% attracted to girls, when compared to guys! If you feel you are bisexual, then you are bisexual, even if it seems your love for different genders isn’t the same!
Yes. Romantic and sexual orientations do not always coincide. It is possible to be hetero/homo/bi/...sexual and hetero/homo/bi/...romantic. Any combination of the two orientations is possible, even if people often only talk about sexual orientation, due to the frequent coincidence of the two. But you're free to label yourself with any identity that sounds like you!
McGrace
August 2nd, 2019 12:05pm
You are confused with the sexual-orientation as "Love". Sexual attraction may or may not involve the emotional part, but both the things are different. When you said "Bi-sexual", it means that you get sexual enjoyment with both kind of sex - male and female. You still may feel "love" or "emotional attachments" for anyone irrespective of their sex or sexual identity. So, yes, it is possible to feel a special bonding, and get romantically attracted to females, even if someone is gay (feels sexual attraction only for same sex). There is no direct linking (in most of the cases) between who you feel emotionally attached to, and what is their sex.