I'm so confused about my sexuality and im scared that even if i was something diffenrent my parents wouldn't accept me. What do i do?

Susana Diaz, lpc

I believed that to be a successful therapist is to be able to empathize and connect with all clients. My work with clients is to help them identify resources to cope.

The most important thing is for you to understand and accept yourself, the rest will come later! You can try to imagine yourself with different people of different genders in sexual and romantic contexts and see how that makes you feel. Whatever feels good determines your sexuality! Only after you've come to terms with it and feel more confident you can come out. You may tell your parents about your past doubts and how you came to understand who you are, what this journey meant to you. You can also write them a latter if you feel too embarassed. If they truly love and care for you, they'll accept you, and if they have some prejudice, they'll be able to face them for you!
Anonymous
Tell your parents, and who knows what the reaction would be. They will love either way, no matter what.