Im so confused, i like girls and i like to do girly things, but im a boy. What am i?

Melissa Hudson, MS Ed, PhD(c), LMFT

I work with clients of diverse backgrounds on a multitude of concerns. My approach is, at times, directive, yet always curious, nonjudgmental, collaborative, and validating.

enbyemu
You can most definitely be a boy who likes to do girly things. That's definitely allowed. However, if you're wondering if you could be transgender, I would do some research on different gender identities. Maybe something in the nonbinary spectrum will resonate with you. Or maybe you'll decide you're actually a girl who likes girls. Or perhaps you'll just be a boy who likes traditionally feminine things. All are valid options and, but, in the end, only you can actually make the decision about your gender identity. Best of luck. Come visit us in the LGBTQ+ subcommunity if you want to talk more.
dearlybeloved
You’re a human being. Don’t get so caught up in trying to define yourself; it can be really exhausting. Just live life!
NavTheCarer
Characteristics of people are not based solely on their gender. In my experience, it is just as common to find a girl who is cisgender and like things that are commonly seen as masculine. Your interests do not define who you are. If you decide you are something else, then that is up to you, and not based on your likes and dislikes.
TaranWanderer
Well, it's all up to you really. If you're confident in your gender as a boy, and your attraction to girls, there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying you're just a heterosexual male, because really guys can like to do anything, even traditionally 'girly' things! It doesn't make anyone any less of a boy. But, if you're feeling like maybe you aren't a boy (or, at least not comfortable calling yourself one), there's a lot of identities out there to explore :)
carlyolivia
You are whoever you choose to be. The things that you like and choose to do do not define "what" or who you really are. Live life to the fullest, and be yourself.
PandoraPlusMinus
Hey, I hope whoever posted that reads this. I need a few more details on your life to be sure, but I'm 90% certain that I know how you feel. For a few years now I've suffered from this sort of confusion, finally after doing lots of extensive research I was able to understand that I could be categorised as a Lesbian Identified Man (LIM). This means that I am assigned male at birth, but I feel I should be female. I identify as a transgender woman who is romantically and sexuallay interested in girls. I am still in the closet as personally I think I will cause a lot of hurt to those closer to me if I did come out and I'd rather it just be me hurting. If you read this and think you feel similarly please, please get in contact with me
AzureWinter
Gender can be confusing. I'm cisgender, so I may not be able to help as much as some others, however I do have information from friends who have gone through things similar. The most important thing is, gender is confusing and not always as easy to discover as you might think. You can like to do girly things and still be a boy. Things that are "girly" are just stereotyped anyway, so don't worry too much about that. Mostly, it's just how you feel. Do you feel like a boy? Because then you are. Your gender might fluctuate, you might change or find different identities that suit you throughout your life. Remember, sex is different to gender. I recommend doing some research of your own so you can get an intricate understanding. You'll work it out. Best of luck!
FromDrewWithLove
Well, I can't define anything for you (as your identity is yours alone), but there are a few different things here. Most likely, you're still a boy, you just have feminine tendencies. Not conforming to gender roles and stereotypes doesn't necessarily mean you aren't cis/het. Also, your gender expression doesn't change your gender or who you fall in love with; liking feminine things doesn't mean you're not cis/het. However, it is possible that you aren't cis/het. Again, you're most likely just a feminine boy, but I also cannot define your identity for you.
Sintix
Why put a label to it? You're simply a boy who likes girly things. Just like a girl can like boy things without anything changing... It's totally okay.
If you identify as a boy and you like girls, it means you're an heterosexual boy. Enjoying "girly" things doesn't necessarily mean anything, some cultures assign the "girly" label to some things, but it's only a cultural matter, not a natural one. If you identify as a boy, you're a boy, whatever you like to do.