Is it wrong to be gay?

Is it wrong to be gay?

Richard Manson, BSW,CAP

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Compassionate, non-judgemental and experienced substance abuse therapist driven to helping guide clients to overcome issues relating to abusing drugs and/or alcohol.

Edenine
No, what's wrong is to judge and butt into other people's sexuality. Being gay does not define you, and it never will. Don't worry so much about what other people will think of you, go kiss that person you been into. Go be proud of who you love and send off rainbows and happiness! Acceptance and understanding is key.
Brittneym101
It's not wrong to be gay. Just like there isn't anything wrong with being straight. You are who you are and you like what you like. Sometimes we as people can't help who/what we fall for. We are all only human at the end of the day. Don't be hard on yourself just because you are different/ Being different is what makes you unique.
TheGlovedOne
Of course not! Being homosexual is never wrong, you just have a different interest than the majority. It's never wrong to have any belief or way of living! As long as you don't do anything harmful to others, no one should discriminate against you.
HopefulHenry81
Of course it is not wrong to be gay. Many people think it is or that being queer is a "weird" thing. They think it's not normal. But the reason most people think this way is because some people (mostly older people) were raised to believe it is weird and abnormal. Sadly, that's just the way people thought back then but like most things in life, times change and we as people need to adapt. While I definitely cannot say that the LGBTQ+ community is completely 100% supported, I do feel that the support has improved in general. Plus people generally don't have any choice over their sexual attraction, the same way you can't force a straight person to have feelings towards their gender. It's something you are born with and it is in most cases genetic. So, to reiterate, no, there is nothing wrong with being gay. Just be you and then everything else will come naturally. And if people don't accept you, just remember this quote: "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."
ItsOkayMyLove
Simple answer: No Complicated answer: To some perspectives, it might be. However, it's proven to be a natural part of you. It's not something you can change, and people may say some cruel things, but my love: You are never alone. Toxic people will always be around, but the best you can do it to cut them out of your life. Even if it's hard, it's okay. There will always be people who love you, and care for you. Because you are amazing
Anonymous
Of course not! Don't ever think that something is wrong with you just because you are gay, No not everybody is going to be on board and happy with some of the choices you make in life however, It is your life and you are what you make of it. Love is Love and that's just how it is. We can't control who we love or who we fall in love with. Be happy with yourself and understand that no matter what anybody says or tells you about how wrong it is or any rude opinion they may have that it doesn't change anything. You are who you are, You have to love yourself for others to accept you. Don't ever be ashamed of who you love because none of us can control who we truly love.
Anonymous
No of course not! Everyone can love who they love and be who they want to be, being gay isnt wrong, being gay is being something else that straight tho.
tranquilPomegranate61
No, being yourself could never be wrong. Therefore being gay, is the same as being white black or anything else.
Anonymous
Of course not. Despite what people may believe its a very natural thing. The only thing wrong is the people who tell you that it isn't natural or okay.
Icanwaitforever
No, it is not. You can not choose what your heart feels. Love is love, and no one can stop or judge it.
BBoi
Not at all. Be proud of who you are and who you love. Love is beautiful no matter who you are with.
Anonymous
In no way, shape, or form is it wrong to be gay. There is nothing wrong about loving someone of your gender!
Hedwiglovegood
Never! Wrong is a relative concept . Wrong is defined by the people around us and people tend to go with the flow of life and therefore they try to define anything different and unique as wrong. Another reason might be because gay people used to live out their lives pretending they are straight to gain acceptance and therefore many like to believe being gay is a new concept or "trend". I like to believe that if something that makes you comfortable is not hurting anyone else physically or mentally then it is your type of right. I know conservative families tend to make us believe otherwise but it's not an "I" anymore , being gay also makes you a "we" and if there are so many beautiful people in the "we" why does it have to be wrong?
markml
It's not. Being gay is not something you have no control over. Whatever moral system you subscribe to, it's not fair to judge people over characteristics they can't influence: be it sexuality, gender identity, race or nationality. Being gay is a biological characteristic, and even though it cannot be ascribed to just a single gene, it's a perfectly natural thing. Just the fact that someone is gay is not hurtful to anyone. There is no moral wrong that one can find in simply being attracted to someone of the same gender. Some people might be offended or upset by the fact that gay people exist - in this case, the responsibility is on them, not anyone else. If someone feels hurt by a characteristic you have no control over, rather than you changing that characteristic it's them who should try being a bit more open minded.
MystyDay
Absolutley not! Is it wrong to be hetrosexual? is it wrong to like onion but not garlic? its all genetics. its not something you can choose, to be gay is a part of your life and who you are. dont hide it. embrace it. :)
Anonymous
It is definitely not wrong to be gay. If you are gay, it is because you were gay from the moment you were born. It is just as much a part of you as your hair color or your height. You can't change these things, no matter how much you try. You are you, and you should love yourself as yourself. Best of luck to you! - Meagan
Anonymous
No! Not at all! Its just another thing that makes you who you are!
serenePresence54
As someone who I among the LGBTQ+ community I do not think so. I used to ask myself this question a lot too because I grew up among a family that told me that it was unacceptable and wrong, but I no longer think this way. Being gay is simply just loving someone of the same gender which I do not think there is anything wrong with that.
Scarletjane1999
No it is not wrong to be gay. Being gay is something you can not help. You can not control it. Don't be ashamed if you are gay be proud of who you are, because you are you and you are perfect just the way you are even if you are gay.
Anonymous
I was raised as an East-African (Tanzanian) and Catholic, and I was taught that being gay is a wrong thing. I asked why and it's because in Leviticus, one of the verses says this: “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.” This means that you cannot be gay in this point. In my opinion, homosexuality is quite normal in America. I understand that many countries in Africa DON'T allow it due to its highly religious rules. In other words, I don't think it's wrong to be gay, but if you are highly religious, then yes.