My boyfriend just told me he thinks he’s bisexual. That he’s attracted to dicks but doesn’t really know what that means. I’m 23 and we’ve been sexual for 10 years on off. How do I understand this?

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

purplewidow345
In this case, it may mean he's simply bi-curious. It doesn't mean that he's not sexually attracted to you anymore.
Being bisexual doesn't necessarily mean you need to have experience with all the genders you are attracted to. Your boyfriend still loves you, and precisely becomes he trust you so much, he decided to share this part of him with you. Being attracted to men doesn't mean he'll have to be with a men, love is love, it is stronger than any other feeling. I encourage you to talk about it, to invite him to share his thoughts and feelings, so you can understand him better, and embrace this part of him. Make sure you also talk about your relationship and continue working to keep it strong. Dialogue and trust is the key. This will be a chance to get to know him better and to strengthen your relationship. Feel free to ask him anything you don't understand or are unsure about, I'm sure he'll be glad to explain his reality and get to know him better!
Anonymous
Being bisexual means that you are attracted to both males and females sexually, It shouldn't change your relationship as he is still sexually attracted to females. He is still the same person only now he better understands himself. Just support him through this discovery. Nothing has changed! Just because he has found out now doesn't mean he suddenly doesn't value this relationship or that he has to find someone new who would fit his sexuality. He loves you enough to tell you and hasn't changed whatsoever! Just keep doing what you've been doing together and it will be fine. He's still attracted to you, don't worry!