My parents accept gays but i still can't come out?

Australia

Catherine Davis, Bachelor of Community Education, Major: Counselling. Founder & owner of Mental Stress Buster Facilitation Service, Author & creator of, 'Mental Stress Buster' a do it yourself mental stress release process.

Therapist

I'm Cassie. I've been a successful therapist for over 10 years. I aim to help you explore your problem so you gain insights you need to constructively solve it on your own.

enbyemu
This one is hard to address because there's not much information to go on, but I'll do my best. Coming out all depends on your comfort level. If you're not ready to come out to your parents because they're not affirming, that's completely fine. You don't have to force yourself to be ready. If you want to discuss your situation in more detail, come join us in the LGBTQ+ subcommunity forums! We'd love to have you!
There may be many reasons for you to still be afraid to come out, and it's legitimate to feel this way. However, it may help you to try to rationalize this feeling. You might want to ask yourself what exactly is holding you back, what you fear might happen, and what are the chances that what you fear will actually happen. If your parents are accepting and supportive of LGBT people, it sounds like a logical consequence that they will accept you, but sometimes our emotions affect our perception of logic. So you can try analizing your fears, understanding where they come from, and then confronting them with reality and reflect in logical terms about what the chances really are. You can keep doing that until you'll feel more confident and finally ready to come out. Take your time until you'll feel ready - that moment will come, you'll see!