So I’m scared of being bisexual? I know this I stupid but I’m so scared no one will actually like me. Every lesbian doesn’t want to be in a relationship with a bisexual, and every guy gets defensive?

Australia

Catherine Davis, I aim to help you to beat your blues and to feel empowered. Fast and effective psychotherapy.

Therapist

Hello. I'm Catherine. I am a psychotherapist. It's my aim to help you beat your blues and to feel empowered.

I know that discrimination against bisexuals is still sadly widespread, but luckily, there are also many people out there who know that bisexuality is ok and will support you for who you are. The secret is to surround yourself with supportive people who accept you for who you are and that can give you the strength to deal with the close-mindedness of some. And it's important to remind yourself that people who judge bisexuals are, after all, not the ones that you'd really like to have around - is such a close-minded person someone you'd like to have in your life? Sometimes it's worth waiting for the right person, that will surely come, because not all lesbians and guys are that close-minded, luckily!
Anonymous
First off i'd like to say i'm really sorry that you feel this way, being scared of your sexuality isn't a good experience. there are lesbians out there who do want to be in a relationship with a bi person, and there are also guys out there who wouldnt mind either. i know the lgbt community can seem very hostile about certain things (like this) but you are not "confused" and you dont have to pick which gender you like more, you're bisexual and if someone doesnt want to date you just based on that then that person isn't worth dating in the first place. you will find someone who will love you for who you are, and not care about your sexuality enough to judge you for it
dreamRose10
This is not stupid to think at all, people who are bisexual get a lot of hatred not only for liking people of the same sex, but even from inside the LGBT+ community. While there are some hateful people out there, there are loving and accepting people out there as well. I can say as a lesbian, I have no issues dating someone who is bisexual, so surely there are others like me. Hopefully soon you'll be able to meet more accepting people, and be able to overcome this fear. It took me a very long time to come to terms with my sexuality, but with the right people guiding and supporting you, I'm sure you'll find a way. Remember there's always a space here for you :)
EmilyIsALlamaAgain
Hey! It’s totally fine to be bisexual. 100 percent okay. If anyone has an issue with it, they aren’t worth your time. It doesn’t matter if you're bisexual because if you like someone, you like them. No matter your sexuality. There are tons of accepting and loving people out there who are totally fine with dating a bisexual! One day, you’ll find someone and they won’t care about it. Just don’t let them get to you. Not everyone understand and sees that just because someone’s bisexual doesn’t mean anything. If you’re bisexual, it’s totally and forever will be okay.