When is the right time to come out?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

compassionateTurtle16
The right time to come out is whenever you feel safe in your surroundings and in your own body. You need to stay strong no matter what others reactions are.
Hear2listenwhenever
Whenever you are ready. There is no wrong time to be yourself and have everyone else know how proud you are to be you.
lovelyLake25
We all experience coming out differently. It comes down to when it feels right for you personally. There is no perfect equation to coming out sadly. You should do what is best for you when it feels best. :)
Desiree68
The right time to come out is when you feel comfortable enough. It's when you feel the time is right. If you decide that the time is right, then the time is right. If you are comfortable with who you are, and you love who you are, then you decide who, and when you share that with.
freefromworries
The right time is when you are ready, comfortable and safe doing so. The best thing to do is wait until you are ready to get on the topic and talk about it, as sometimes it can lead to a conversation with whoever you come out to. Only you will know when it's the right time.
avamadueno22
When you're ready. No matter what, you want to be accepting and loving yourself because of it too. You always want to come to the terms that, not everyone will accept let alone understand that about you, but that you don't their approval of who you love and how you can love them. Once you have that down, you can freely tell people no matter who and what about yourself in that way. If you're not comfortable talking about that with people, then that's even better because not everyone needs to know every detail about you. But once you love and accept who you are and chose to be, you're golden. Good luck! :)
MomFriend7
November 21st, 2017 9:18pm
The right time to come out is when you feel completely safe doing so. Do not come out until you know you’re in a position where there is no threat involved. Possibly begin to mention the idea of LGBT+ to see people’s views on it before you come out.
prozpera
There is no specific right time. Do it when you're feeling fully comfortable about coming out and don't pressure yourself.
Jacobbjackson
To be honest, it’s whenever you feel safe. Never come out if you don’t feel safe because abuse happens all the time. Also just whenever you are comfortable.
silverPurple42
When you feel ready .. don't worry about anyone else this is about you so the right time is when you are 100% ready too. You make the decision and go about the way you want to. If you don't feel ready yet then it's not the right time take as much time as you need but always make sure it's on your terms and not someone pushing you to I'm out.. chin up and feel proud I wish you luck .. my chat is always open if you need to talk to anyone about this or just want someone to listen
RubyDragonTea
When you are ready. I know that is not the most useful answer, but here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you decide if it is time: Will coming out feel good? Will there be a sense of relief, or will it cause more stress? Are the people around you accepting of non-cis people? Will the people closest to you give you support? How likely is it that you would be found out nonvoluntarily? Is it important that you tell people yourself, before they find out another way? Also, if you are feeling more rational than emotional about coming out, you could try and make a chart with pros and cons for coming out or waiting. The chart might not give you an answer, but it might help clarify to you what the consequences of each option could be.