Why am I gay god said that man should marry women ?

Jennifer Crumlish, Ph.D.

My practice approach is collaborative and I am dedicated to providing a safe space where clients can explore issues, gain insight and become empowered.

enbyemu
My answer will depend on what your religion is. I come from a Christian background and can tell you that the Bible doesn't say any such thing, though many conservatives would argue that point. If you want to ask questions about your sexuality in an affirming Christian environment, I suggest looking up Q Christian Fellowship and getting involved in their forums. If you're not Christian, I can't tell you any specific website that could be supportive and help you work through this, but I'm sure they exist.
Anonymous
Well I believe in religion and god did said a man should marry women but before this he said you should marry the person you love. Sexual orientation was not understood in biblical times. In regard to marriage, it's important to remember that the Bible was written in a patriarchal culture that assumed men were in control and women were subject to them. Marriage was not an equal partnership, but a matter of a man owning a woman or women as property. Women provided men companionship, children and labor. Certainly, love between the man and woman or women could develop, but love was not the basis of marriage. Consequently, the biblical concept of marriage is not appropriate today.