Why is it so hard to accept that I’m bi and I’m not going through a phase?

Linda Miland, MA

I have a passion to help individuals address and challenge thoughts ,feelings and lifestyle factors that are contributing to mental health issues.

Sparklygreysweater
I think in terms of coming to a conclusion about your identity, it's so much harder when you're bisexual or pansexual because you have the option of choosing the opposite gender. Most people assume it's easier to be bi, than gay because you have this option and are more likely to be accepted by society, but fail to understand that you are attracted to a person, and you don't have a choice in deciding whether they are the same sex as you, or not. But it's important to note that you're what you think you are. If you want to name yourself as bisexual, people have to respect that whether or not you've liked someone of your same gender. If it really is a phase, at any point in your life you can choose your orientation, and people have to accept that. So, just remember, sexuality is fluid, as is gender, and it only matters what you think you are at that very moment. All the love, T. xx
That's due to social prejudice about bisexuality: many people are influenced by the prejudice that bisexuals are undecided, and that they will one day choose a gender. The only way to fight this stereotype is by spreading knowledge, and making people aware of what it really means to be bi: bisexuals never pick a gender, they can pick a person when they are in love, but the potential attraction to more genders is always there.