I am bi, but what if my opposite sex crush thinks I’m lesbian?

April Zamzow, CSW, MA, LPC

There are many times in our lives when we could use an ear to listen and help us through the things that we are struggling with. I can do that.

- Expert in LGBTQ+ Issues
Misconceptions about bisexuality are sadly still common, and the best way to fight them is by spreading knowledge. If your crush has misconceptions about your orientation, you can explain them how it really feels and what it means to be bi, and explain what is wrong with some of the most common prejudices about it. If they're willing to listen, learn and open their mind, this effort will be worth it!
zigzag13
Being bisexual, I understand the pressures that can be felt of people thinking you need to choose whether you are gay or straight. It is important for your own mental health to remember that regardless of who you are attracted to or who you are in a relationship with, your identity as a bisexual person is always valid and should be respected. If you are concerned that a member of the opposite sex may think you are a lesbian, I would recommend starting an open dialogue about bisexuality if you are comfortable. You deserve to be with someone who respects and understands your sexual identity, and you will find many people that will :)