I'm questioning my gender and am hopelessly confused, can you help me?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

- Expert in LGBTQ+ Issues
The first thing to do is to find as much information as possible about the gender identities, so you'll be more likely to understand what sounds the most like you. It's also good to get in contact with the trans community, the non-binary community, and anyone who's been through the same questioning and can share their experience and knowledge. Some questions you can ask yourself are: do I see and perceive myself as a man or a woman, or neither? Does my self-perception fluctuate with time, or is it always constant? How would I like people to address me? Then you can try to match your answers with the info about the different identities, and see what fits you best. It doesn't have to be a 100% perfect match: everyone is different, and it's ok if nothing seems to describe you perfectly! You could choose to use the label that seems closest to your reality, or even no label at all.