Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you call a man that is attracted to women and feminine transgenders?

2 Answers
Last Updated: 01/05/2021 at 5:08pm
1 Tip to Feel Better
Moderated by

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

Top Rated Answers
- Expert in LGBTQ+ Issues
June 10th, 2019 1:52pm
Sexual orientation is determined by the gender of the people one is attracted to, not the biological sex they were born with. If with feminine transgenders you mean trans people that identify as female, then a men who is attracted by both transgender women and cisgender women is heterosexual. That's because all the people he's attracted to belong to the feminine gender, independently of what sex they were born with.
January 5th, 2021 5:08pm
If by "feminine transgenders" you mean transgender women, then that man is heteroromantic if he is only romantically attracted to these women, and heterosexual if he is also sexually attracted to these women. Just because a woman happens to have XY chromosomes, it does not mean that the man who is attracted to her is somehow homosexual. He is not attracted to her chromosomes, but the woman that she is outwardly presenting to him and to society, because she psychologically identifies as a woman. We associate certain physiological elements, such as chromosomes and genitalia, as gender signifiers, but these are not the sole basis for our attraction to other people.