How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

Anonymous
September 2nd, 2016 3:28am
Happiness does not have to derive from family or friends. Instead, it's how one thinks. Optimism, enthusiasm, and the incentive to be happy is the true indicator that you are enjoying life.
Anonymous
You must love yourself.. Self love is the best feeling in the world. Just be happy for who you are. Show gratitude to yourself. Do things which brings you joy, euphoria!
2cupsofteaa
Basically be happy with yourself. Love who you are, embrace your weaknesses and forgive your mistakes. It's harder than it sounds but if you can be perfectly content with who you are, happiness can be found within yourself
Anonymous
One feels true happiness when one is with oneself and that happens when one loves himself truly. When you accept yourself as mixture of perfection and imperfection you will love yourself and you will be always happy. Then whether you are with someone or not you will always be happy. Be confident, love yourself and be happy :D
Anonymous
You can learn to appreciate yourself, regardless of others. If you don't have much influence of other people then you have a unique chance to work on this skill.
Anonymous
no friend and no family, the only thing i can do to make happy is get lost. i can hike, trekking, and other activities with nature.
Candid0211
Be comfortable in your own skin. Love who you are love what you do don't look from validation from outside and you will be happy. Your friends and family will be drawn towards you.
Anonymous
You have positive mind. you have intelligency. you are best people need you. You need to be famous.
Ariana1214
Love yourself and enjoy spending time with yourself! Find the things you enjoy and excel in them (:!
8Moonlight
Sometimes you may feel that no one is by your side. And for that, I have found few helpful tips to stay happy without anyone. Be happy with yourself and recognize your worth. Take care of your physical health and do exercises; for a healthy body influences the brain to be happy and increase confidence. Keep yourself busy; come up with a list of fun activities you can do alone. Your list might include going to a concert, watching a TV show, creating a DIY home project, reading a book, and exploring new parts of your city. Do what you love; for example, if you play the piano, or love to write, do it. And finally, keep learning, and motivate yourself with powerful goals.
Juleszerozero
Sometimes life style changes or social conformity and norms can shape our ideas and notions of what our life script should be. (I hate using the word "should"). This can add pressure on people, and give them a sense that they have to live up to these ideals. However, I've noticed that life style changes can often mean there are times when we are left without our friends and family around us through no choice of our own. Perhaps moving to a new area or young people when they go off to college. Some people struggle more when they are not getting validation from their friends and family and this can have such a negative impact on our self-esteem. So I think it's important that we always practice self compassion. To treat ourselves as we would treat someone we are listening to on here...with kindness and respect. Our happiness always starts with ourselves and by practising self compassion we can support and motivate ourselves to look after our physical, mental and emotional well being.
loquaciousRaven11
It can be very challenging to feel happy without friends and family as we are essentially social beings. However, it may be possible to find some happiness by cultivating a positive relationship with oneself. By nurturing oneself, attending to self-care, and learning how to enjoy one's own company it is possible to find a measure of happiness. It is also possible that this will unexpectedly attract other people into your life.
AnnaSerenity23
You accept yourself and do things you love like listening to your favorite music, reading a good book etc.
Anonymous
Our real sense of happiness is derived from ourselves. Coming to love ourselves for who we are, and knowing our intrinsic worth as individuals amongst the many.
Pleiades924
Get to know yourself by spending some time alone in solitude. Do something that will help you relax and focus on your mind and body. Alter your surroundings so you do not feel stagnant. Learn to love and accept yourself from the inside out. Exercise and build a healthy lifestyle. Find your passions and cultivate them. And do not be afraid to take calculated risks. Expose yourself to what takes you out of your comfort zone.
MissMonMon
Throughout life, friends and family come and go. It is important to fill your life with things that make you happy for yourself. Go out and do things that make you happy and give you a full life. Take a class, go exercise, get crafty, find a hobby or a specialist group. Friends can be found everywhere but know that you are in charge of making your own life as happy as you want it to be.
Anonymous
Most of the times happiness comes from within. Even when you're all alone in the world, if you enjoy your own company and are happy with yourself you'll be happy. But if you do want to find happiness with others, sometimes friends can be found in the most unexpected places; people can become family without having any blood relations with them. If you feel content in your own skin and if you're willing to give more to people than they can take away, you'll be happy.
ThatsCherry
I always cheer myself up with music. Music doesn't save your live - it makes you strong, so you can save your own life.
Aishyu
A good stroll in the morning, hearing birds chirp, sipping out the coffee from mug while sitting on the easy chair, is a pure bliss. We can find ourselves decluttering our mind and experiencing newness.
TheSolstafir
It can be easy to rely on other people to help us feel happy, but you don't need others to feel happy. In fact, the best kind of happiness can come from you! Learning to love who you are, practicing self-care, and treating yourself as you would a treasured friend are all ways to start your own happiness.
Anonymous
Find other things that make you happy, lile a hobby or something you really like doing. Happiness can be found in many different things you just have to find a way to it.
Kittysnowy
It can be OK, you can be your own friend, you will be someone who know your mind clearly. Please do what you like and what you feel happy with, try to make your own feeling good with your own living, motivate yourself and try to think about things that make you happy and keep your hope of living happily..
Anonymous
I can do things I really enjoy. For example watching my favourite movie or listening to my favourite artist. Or cook for myself and enjoy good food.
Anonymous
I have found that when you can't source some of your happiness from other people, you have to become pretty darned good at sourcing it from yourself. I've had to almost treat myself like a new and separate person. With a lot of thinking, I've learned about what kinds of things make me happy or sad or angry. I can choose to pursue some of those things. Sometimes being alone isn't ideal, but I like to see it as a time period in which I dedicate more resources to learning and improving myself.
Anonymous
Happiness is found within ourselves too. There are people who are happy being alone and some would need special or close people with them but it is all up to us where we find peace and comfort.
JJill1
From personal experience, I highly recommend using some sort of escape, whether that be using art, dogs/ other animals, music, writing, and other passions. I have found puppies, kittens, and adopting animals has been an amazing solution to loneliness and can bring immense joy to their new owner!! If you have the financial capability of course! You could always get a fish :P
eliijaxes
Do things for you, do things that make you happy, work to get to a place you want to be in, whether it's mentally, physically, or even a job/school. Eventually, while doing these things, you will find friends along the way.
gentleLunch5322
You can distract yourself from the pain of loneliness. Yes, actually "distracting" yourself from a painful situation does help. Distract yourself by finding free things to do in your local area. Local libraries often have free movies, speakers, etc. Go to these things to "get your mind off of your situation". Or in other words, to distract yourself. Good luck.
PrettyCupcake00
Hey love! Happiness doesn't need any thing or people. Happiness is a choice. It's, we go make our happiness dependent on other things. For example, if we achieve this in life then I'll be happy, after achieving that you'll have other thing after which you'll be happy. why not stay happy throughout the journey of achieving things? think about it.
Engineeringhappiness
focus on what makes you happy. make new friends cause most friends just come and go. do something you love doing