How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

kelleh
you can always be happy with or without friends & family. it's how you want to feel that happiness, the friends & family are like a bonus to your happiness. although you may feel alone, you can still be happy & be content with your life. go live a little, let go of your worries & relax. you can always make new friends, friends are the family you choose.
MalecLightbane
You can learn to be happy by being your own person and finding hobbies. Morning yoga is a great way to start your day of relaxing. Perhaps drawing if you have an artistic side. Dancing or singing lessons also help. It's good to be independent once in a while, as it can give you a whole new perspective on life without others' opinions interfering.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2016 3:28am
Happiness does not have to derive from family or friends. Instead, it's how one thinks. Optimism, enthusiasm, and the incentive to be happy is the true indicator that you are enjoying life.
Anonymous
You must love yourself.. Self love is the best feeling in the world. Just be happy for who you are. Show gratitude to yourself. Do things which brings you joy, euphoria!
2cupsofteaa
Basically be happy with yourself. Love who you are, embrace your weaknesses and forgive your mistakes. It's harder than it sounds but if you can be perfectly content with who you are, happiness can be found within yourself
Anonymous
One feels true happiness when one is with oneself and that happens when one loves himself truly. When you accept yourself as mixture of perfection and imperfection you will love yourself and you will be always happy. Then whether you are with someone or not you will always be happy. Be confident, love yourself and be happy :D
Anonymous
no friend and no family, the only thing i can do to make happy is get lost. i can hike, trekking, and other activities with nature.
Candid0211
Be comfortable in your own skin. Love who you are love what you do don't look from validation from outside and you will be happy. Your friends and family will be drawn towards you.
Anonymous
You have positive mind. you have intelligency. you are best people need you. You need to be famous.
Ariana1214
Love yourself and enjoy spending time with yourself! Find the things you enjoy and excel in them (:!
ThatsCherry
I always cheer myself up with music. Music doesn't save your live - it makes you strong, so you can save your own life.
TheSolstafir
It can be easy to rely on other people to help us feel happy, but you don't need others to feel happy. In fact, the best kind of happiness can come from you! Learning to love who you are, practicing self-care, and treating yourself as you would a treasured friend are all ways to start your own happiness.
8Moonlight
Sometimes you may feel that no one is by your side. And for that, I have found few helpful tips to stay happy without anyone. Be happy with yourself and recognize your worth. Take care of your physical health and do exercises; for a healthy body influences the brain to be happy and increase confidence. Keep yourself busy; come up with a list of fun activities you can do alone. Your list might include going to a concert, watching a TV show, creating a DIY home project, reading a book, and exploring new parts of your city. Do what you love; for example, if you play the piano, or love to write, do it. And finally, keep learning, and motivate yourself with powerful goals.
loquaciousRaven11
It can be very challenging to feel happy without friends and family as we are essentially social beings. However, it may be possible to find some happiness by cultivating a positive relationship with oneself. By nurturing oneself, attending to self-care, and learning how to enjoy one's own company it is possible to find a measure of happiness. It is also possible that this will unexpectedly attract other people into your life.
AnnaSerenity23
You accept yourself and do things you love like listening to your favorite music, reading a good book etc.
Anonymous
Our real sense of happiness is derived from ourselves. Coming to love ourselves for who we are, and knowing our intrinsic worth as individuals amongst the many.
Pleiades924
Get to know yourself by spending some time alone in solitude. Do something that will help you relax and focus on your mind and body. Alter your surroundings so you do not feel stagnant. Learn to love and accept yourself from the inside out. Exercise and build a healthy lifestyle. Find your passions and cultivate them. And do not be afraid to take calculated risks. Expose yourself to what takes you out of your comfort zone.
MissMonMon
Throughout life, friends and family come and go. It is important to fill your life with things that make you happy for yourself. Go out and do things that make you happy and give you a full life. Take a class, go exercise, get crafty, find a hobby or a specialist group. Friends can be found everywhere but know that you are in charge of making your own life as happy as you want it to be.
Anonymous
Most of the times happiness comes from within. Even when you're all alone in the world, if you enjoy your own company and are happy with yourself you'll be happy. But if you do want to find happiness with others, sometimes friends can be found in the most unexpected places; people can become family without having any blood relations with them. If you feel content in your own skin and if you're willing to give more to people than they can take away, you'll be happy.
Aishyu
A good stroll in the morning, hearing birds chirp, sipping out the coffee from mug while sitting on the easy chair, is a pure bliss. We can find ourselves decluttering our mind and experiencing newness.
Anonymous
Find other things that make you happy, lile a hobby or something you really like doing. Happiness can be found in many different things you just have to find a way to it.
Anonymous
Do you live far away from them? Family and friends are important, no one can live without them. Everybody needs support. Try staying connected to them because they are the best gift you will ever receive.
nessa87
you create your own happiness. it is all up to you. change your mindset and you will change your life.
Kittysnowy
It can be OK, you can be your own friend, you will be someone who know your mind clearly. Please do what you like and what you feel happy with, try to make your own feeling good with your own living, motivate yourself and try to think about things that make you happy and keep your hope of living happily..
Anonymous
I can do things I really enjoy. For example watching my favourite movie or listening to my favourite artist. Or cook for myself and enjoy good food.
Anonymous
I have found that when you can't source some of your happiness from other people, you have to become pretty darned good at sourcing it from yourself. I've had to almost treat myself like a new and separate person. With a lot of thinking, I've learned about what kinds of things make me happy or sad or angry. I can choose to pursue some of those things. Sometimes being alone isn't ideal, but I like to see it as a time period in which I dedicate more resources to learning and improving myself.
LindaBg
Being happy simply means being comfortable with yourself. Sooner or later in your life you will come across a time where you can only depend on yourself and this is when you realize if you are comfortable or not.
Anonymous
You can be happy without friends and family by doing things you love to make you happy and proud that you did something you dreamed of and that you were able to succeed without anyone stopping you.
Anonymous
Happiness is found within ourselves too. There are people who are happy being alone and some would need special or close people with them but it is all up to us where we find peace and comfort.
Denizemily
If you want to learn how to be happy without friends and family, you will have to stop looking after things that you don't have, and start seeing the things that you already do.