How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

nessa87
you create your own happiness. it is all up to you. change your mindset and you will change your life.
Anonymous
Enjoying our own presence is a big step into maturity. There is a difference between being alone and feeling lonely. All you need is to identify where you stand and if you are ok to be without friends or family. There is no secret formula for hapiness. You should just find what is best for you. And if life forces you into a specific situation, just accept that and move on. In either way you are your own best friend.
AiTheZenNinja
You have yourself! This may sound weird but honestly you are the most important person in your life. Making new friends is easier than finding a family, but nothing is impossible! You be happy with yourself and the rest will become easier.
SkysIris
Understand you’re good enough all by yourself. You’re a valuable person, and you don’t need the approval of anyone else for that to be true. When you’re alone, remind yourself that it’s because you choose to be. It really is a choice. It’s very easy to find someone to spend time with, but when you have high standards for the people you allow into your life, you’re telling yourself that you’re better off by yourself than with someone who isn’t a great fit for you.
Kittysnowy
It can be OK, you can be your own friend, you will be someone who know your mind clearly. Please do what you like and what you feel happy with, try to make your own feeling good with your own living, motivate yourself and try to think about things that make you happy and keep your hope of living happily..
Anonymous
The sun is shining. You woke up this morning. There are friends and family to be made everywhere, and 7 cups is a great way to connect.
Anonymous
I have found that when you can't source some of your happiness from other people, you have to become pretty darned good at sourcing it from yourself. I've had to almost treat myself like a new and separate person. With a lot of thinking, I've learned about what kinds of things make me happy or sad or angry. I can choose to pursue some of those things. Sometimes being alone isn't ideal, but I like to see it as a time period in which I dedicate more resources to learning and improving myself.
InSync
By enjoying your own company. There are people who have never had the fortune of having either. If they can, so can you.
TheBlackDragon
People are social beings. If you don't have a family, that must have been hard on you, but on the other hand, it made you the person you are today. Friends are something you can always acquire. So, expanding your social circle is something positive, no doubt.
wonderfullDreamer93
Everyone needs support in life but sadly not enough are getting it so as we grow we are forced to depend more and more on ourselves and less on other. Find happiness in yourself and that happiness will last. Find passion and love and excitement in what you do, and you'll be okay.
SamuelPeak
I’m writer, which means I’m an introvert, I’m not a social person. I can virtually go days without talking to other people. But as I have found throughout life, we all need people to survive. No one can make it on their own. Keep this mind, becuase no matter how introverted we become, we still need people. But the truth is, it helps to be doing something you’re passionate about, something you love. Become sure and confident in yourself and your abilities, and accept them. There comes a point when you no longer really need other people’s approval to be happy, all you need is contentment with yourself. When you stop doubting, often that’s when you need others less, becuase you know who you are without their help.
lyricalSea85
Ask yourself, why cannot you be happy. In this world, we don't need anybody to keep us happy. We can do that by ourselves. By taking good care, keeping a positive mind and a healthy body. Every human being has something called "Self-goals". These can be achieved at times like this
Anonymous
You can be happy without friends and family by doing things you love to make you happy and proud that you did something you dreamed of and that you were able to succeed without anyone stopping you.
KuyaEthan
Happiness is found within ourselves too. There are people who are happy being alone and some would need special or close people with them but it is all up to us where we find peace and comfort.
Anonymous
When it comes to friends, family, and the people that love and care for us, it is important to feel safe around those people. If the people you are currently surrounded by are making you feel like you need to be away from them, perhaps try reaching out to a support group where you can find people you do feel safe around.
SweetBiscuits
If you are thinking that you can't be happy without friends and family you are probably blaming loneliness for your state of sadness. But it might not be true. Many people in relationship, with a family and friends feel sad over time. They may even be depressed. Sometimes while trying to be happy we fantasize some situation that they will make us happy immediately but most of the times it is not the case. It is our thoughts that makes us feel lonely and feeling to cope with loneliness we think our only chance is love. But what is causing loneliness is not lack of love. You can feel happy while you are single. You can feel happy on your own and this may change your point of view in your life. Maybe what you think causing you sadness is not what you think it is. Finding it may help you.
JJill1
From personal experience, I highly recommend using some sort of escape, whether that be using art, dogs/ other animals, music, writing, and other passions. I have found puppies, kittens, and adopting animals has been an amazing solution to loneliness and can bring immense joy to their new owner!! If you have the financial capability of course! You could always get a fish :P
weirdblueberry05
I think this is a tricky question and it's not that simple to answer because it depends on you.You have to be okay with yourself first and find that thing in yourself that keeps you going.Work on accepting who you are,work on positive feeling,maybe improving some things about yourself that you don't particulary like.Try not to worry since you're not going to spend the rest of your life alone.When the time will be right you'll find your people and these people will see who you genuenly are. I wish you the best!
eliijaxes
Do things for you, do things that make you happy, work to get to a place you want to be in, whether it's mentally, physically, or even a job/school. Eventually, while doing these things, you will find friends along the way.
gentleLunch5322
You can distract yourself from the pain of loneliness. Yes, actually "distracting" yourself from a painful situation does help. Distract yourself by finding free things to do in your local area. Local libraries often have free movies, speakers, etc. Go to these things to "get your mind off of your situation". Or in other words, to distract yourself. Good luck.
Anonymous
Your happiness should not depend on other people. We can all be happy by simply loving who we are. i think it all starts with the acceptance of who we really are
PrettyCupcake00
Hey love! Happiness doesn't need any thing or people. Happiness is a choice. It's, we go make our happiness dependent on other things. For example, if we achieve this in life then I'll be happy, after achieving that you'll have other thing after which you'll be happy. why not stay happy throughout the journey of achieving things? think about it.
Engineeringhappiness
focus on what makes you happy. make new friends cause most friends just come and go. do something you love doing
Listeningheart33
Well happiness comes from within no from friends and family. An happiness can be anything, meaning you can experience happiness in different ways. So if you have something that makes you feel that way you are already experiencing some source of happiness
DaithiW
Being resilient and faithful to oneself. Sounds vague, yes, but it's true and it works. Also: have goals and objectives that are about you. Don't have to be about you only, but they have to involve you first and foremost.
Anonymous
By showing self love. Self discovery is important to live a happy life. I will focus on what I love and try to develop myself as I am the only one who can make myself happy.
Mariia670067
You need to find your happiness in yourself. You should to learn enjoying every sunshine, and every sunset, appreciate every new breath, every cup of fresh coffee, every morning, every sun-ray. You need to find your peace and your happiness in little thing s around you. Being happy yourself, you'll attract good persons in your life as well as joy and well-being.
Anonymous
Hey! If you wanna be happy without them. Then all you need is a distraction. You need to distract yourself in anyway like you can listen to music, you can do cooking, gardening or go somewhere you like to spend your time, like a lake or any good place, you can read books, if nothing works then you can find someone to chat on 7cups. It really works. You can do cleaning, play video games, play mobile phone games and you can do painting too. You don't want to be an expert painter just draw anything you like. I think that it'll help. Stay BLESSED. :)
Anonymous
Pursue your dreams, do things you enjoy, treat yourself, be kind to others every now and then- feeling appreciated can do a lot.
Longlistener14
May 23rd, 2018 12:54am
Think of something you really want in life, and set goals too achieve your target. Guaranteed when you’ve reached it you’ll be happier