How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

Listeningheart33
Well happiness comes from within no from friends and family. An happiness can be anything, meaning you can experience happiness in different ways. So if you have something that makes you feel that way you are already experiencing some source of happiness
DaithiW
Being resilient and faithful to oneself. Sounds vague, yes, but it's true and it works. Also: have goals and objectives that are about you. Don't have to be about you only, but they have to involve you first and foremost.
Anonymous
By showing self love. Self discovery is important to live a happy life. I will focus on what I love and try to develop myself as I am the only one who can make myself happy.
conscientiousBeach9935
You can make yourself happy for sure. I moved away from my family to a new area, didn’t know anyone apart from my boss and work people and it’s still like that now, and I’m happy. You start to not care as long as youve got the things you need in life and security. It’s easy to meet people and there’s nothing wrong with not getting to know any of them as friends. Life is what it is and you are who you are so don’t worry about it.
Mariia670067
You need to find your happiness in yourself. You should to learn enjoying every sunshine, and every sunset, appreciate every new breath, every cup of fresh coffee, every morning, every sun-ray. You need to find your peace and your happiness in little thing s around you. Being happy yourself, you'll attract good persons in your life as well as joy and well-being.
Anonymous
Hey! If you wanna be happy without them. Then all you need is a distraction. You need to distract yourself in anyway like you can listen to music, you can do cooking, gardening or go somewhere you like to spend your time, like a lake or any good place, you can read books, if nothing works then you can find someone to chat on 7cups. It really works. You can do cleaning, play video games, play mobile phone games and you can do painting too. You don't want to be an expert painter just draw anything you like. I think that it'll help. Stay BLESSED. :)
Anonymous
Pursue your dreams, do things you enjoy, treat yourself, be kind to others every now and then- feeling appreciated can do a lot.
Longlistener14
May 23rd, 2018 12:54am
Think of something you really want in life, and set goals too achieve your target. Guaranteed when you’ve reached it you’ll be happier
Anonymous
It is quite impossible to feel genuinely happy without a community. There's a saying that no man is an island and its true. But for doing so, you have to love yourself first.
Beautifuldreamer98
Learn how to enjoy the peace and tranquility of being alone~ One thing that helps me is journaling my thoughts!
FrufflesDaRat
Admitting defeat in connecting with others in an unhealthy mindset. Studies have found time and time again that loneliness is harmful, likely even toxic, to one's mind. If you feel as if you have no friends or family, finding hobbies to fill the void is surely NOT the answer in any circumstance. The key to your happiness is pulling through whatever is keeping you from gaining meaningful relationships. Start out slow and small. Perhaps make a 5 second eye contact with a stranger or acquaintance today. Try to get yourself to interact. Tell yourself to say "hi" to someone today. Have it always on your mind until you succeed and begin to feel more comfortable in the presence of others. Ask a cashier to give you change, anything helps. I see this question as a reverse psychological cry for help. I really hope this answer does help. Distracting yourself from your problems will only teach you to run away. It will solve nothing. Stay strong, and do things for you
Anonymous
By understanding and taking care of yourself. Think about your passions and things that make you feel safe, get to know and understand who you are, once you feel comfortable with yourself, you'll find new friends who love you
Blue0range
Happiness varies amongst everyone.. Mine is different, Yours is different.. Happiness is a state Not something one can get from something And rest of the life still in peace..Obviously Not.. For happiness, Do what you really want to do.. You may think What should i do to be happy.. Look inside you - Observe yourself.. Figure out your belief/notions.. Figure out What's right and wrong for you.. Difference between my right and your wrong, And my wrong vs Yours Right .. is what differentiating everyone.. Some things Which makes people happy most of the time are: Helping others Eating good (Someone eating green vegetable, One drinking alcohol BOTH are same) And Happiness never comes from people or things or anything.. it comes from inside.. Comparison, Expectations, Wishes leads to unhappiness.. if someone is being polite And others are not that polite for that person is a heck.. Understand it by own
Anonymous
I would distract myself with activity like reading, writing or even singing to myself. Getting out of the house for some sunshine and fresh air works too.
AwakenedDreams
By doing the things you love to do solely for you. For me it was writing, and while yes it will be tough it's not impossible. Do the things you love, and one day you will have friends who you trust with your heart.
helpfulButterfly84
Find something that interests you. A hobbie of some sort. A sport perhaps? This will make you happier.
Anonymous
By doing things for yourself that make you feel good but, there non destructive to you mentally and physically.
Anonymous
You can find hobbies and activities that suit your personality and well-being. Family and friends sometimes can me burdening whereas engaging in certain hobbies may help you release all the tension.
lovingLynx89
Engaging in activities that provide you with great rewarding personal experinces. Try to do this and you will invite many relationships in your life. Have fun with it, be willing to feel a little awkward at the beginning, you'll be glad you did it!:)
lovelyCherry11
Focus on your interests. Focus on what you do best. Find a hobby if you have much free time. Do things that you can complete by yourself and make you happy
Purplecoconut16532
Find something to do and commit to it like a class or job. But sometimes you just need to be alone in a space with nobody around. If you don't know what to do try something new or different and make it your own. It's your life so live it the way you love to.
dropinanocean
If you mean you don't want your happiness to be dependend on others, it's definitely possible! But it's not something you do from one day to the other, it takes time. You need to gather a lot of self-confidence and love yourself for who you are. You have to learn about yourself, who you are, what you want. And you should start to have some alone time and not feel about it. It can be fun and refreshing to be on your own for a while. And if you start to enjoy your alone time you are not so dependend on others anymore. That's what worked for me!
AdmirableTree
Find things you enjoy and build a life dedicated to a purpose. Its important to keep yourself occupied to avoid falling into states of brooding.
Anonymous
You could try to remember all the fun times you had with your family and friends and some memories you might even laugh about.
Anonymous
Get a dog, it can work as a buffer only....but you'll need friends and family...try to choose them wisely ,as now you have more time and you can always fall back to your dog ,if you fail in finding someone.
sweetnutella
I think it will a little bit hard to feel happy without friends and family. But maybe the first thing you need to do to make yourself happier is accept yourself lacks and try to deal with them. Give the pain to yesterday and make brand new start to your life❤
SereneSeika
Focusing on what I really want to do in my life is the best way, to me, to be happy without friends or family. In other words, being happy means that I can live significantly for every moment, that I can feel what I was bornt for, that I can invest my time, effort and money for one single purpose, dream completion. I need friends and family at some points to support me spiritually, but I can be happy without them since I know they are all there because I have a dream for myself. Without my dream, I can not be the person they want to want.
Dawn04
Only you are in control of your own happiness (same with other emotions). It's not independent of anyone else.
Machapuchare
I find happiness in pursuing my goals, and celebrating small achievements along the way. Every success is a step forward, and every setback is a chance to learn something new.
Anonymous
Learn to love yourself and spend more time alone. This allows you to be comfortable being alone and not having to rely on others for happiness.