How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

QuietHawk
It starts as a decision. Many years ago, I made the decision that if the whole community were throwing rotten tomatoes at me, that I would still be there for myself and that I would not abandon myself. I can see now that this was an important turning point in my life. I really began to take myself more seriously and respected myself more. When I practice self-care - because I have no friends or family in the world - it means I need more love - not less. Then its just a matter of practicing it as it arises. Do I scold myself or do I hug myself and remind myself that I'll do better next time, etc. etc.
Anonymous
take time to learn to love yourself and find inner peace. this can be achieved by working out regularly, meditating, and taking care of yourself. it all starts with you
Anonymous
It is quite impossible to feel genuinely happy without a community. There's a saying that no man is an island and its true. But for doing so, you have to love yourself first.
Beautifuldreamer98
Learn how to enjoy the peace and tranquility of being alone~ One thing that helps me is journaling my thoughts!
FrufflesDaRat
Admitting defeat in connecting with others in an unhealthy mindset. Studies have found time and time again that loneliness is harmful, likely even toxic, to one's mind. If you feel as if you have no friends or family, finding hobbies to fill the void is surely NOT the answer in any circumstance. The key to your happiness is pulling through whatever is keeping you from gaining meaningful relationships. Start out slow and small. Perhaps make a 5 second eye contact with a stranger or acquaintance today. Try to get yourself to interact. Tell yourself to say "hi" to someone today. Have it always on your mind until you succeed and begin to feel more comfortable in the presence of others. Ask a cashier to give you change, anything helps. I see this question as a reverse psychological cry for help. I really hope this answer does help. Distracting yourself from your problems will only teach you to run away. It will solve nothing. Stay strong, and do things for you
Anonymous
By understanding and taking care of yourself. Think about your passions and things that make you feel safe, get to know and understand who you are, once you feel comfortable with yourself, you'll find new friends who love you
Anonymous
Remember that you are always enough. While friends and family are important, they cannot control your happiness. Happiness is an emotion that is built from within. It is not an end goal, it is a process.
Anonymous
Happiness varies amongst everyone.. Mine is different, Yours is different.. Happiness is a state Not something one can get from something And rest of the life still in peace..Obviously Not.. For happiness, Do what you really want to do.. You may think What should i do to be happy.. Look inside you - Observe yourself.. Figure out your belief/notions.. Figure out What's right and wrong for you.. Difference between my right and your wrong, And my wrong vs Yours Right .. is what differentiating everyone.. Some things Which makes people happy most of the time are: Helping others Eating good (Someone eating green vegetable, One drinking alcohol BOTH are same) And Happiness never comes from people or things or anything.. it comes from inside.. Comparison, Expectations, Wishes leads to unhappiness.. if someone is being polite And others are not that polite for that person is a heck.. Understand it by own
wonderfulOasis5901
Happiness can be achieved by being happy with one's self. Finding contentment with one's own life, work and hobbies inspires joys in one life. Additionally, introspection and prioritizing one's health maybe a positive step towards achieving happiness by one's self. Social interactions are also key. Hence, one can associate with co-workers, acquaintances and strangers to obtain the necessary interactions that one craves as a human being. Furthermore, happiness can be achieved by helping other individuals, by a big or small measure. Providing assistance makes one feel as if one is contributing the the wellness of individuals who require it and this makes one feel accomplished and brings joy and content into life.
LexIris
It'll be a bit hard but you can do things that you love or sign up for classes that interest you. Maybe dance along to your favourite songs or sign up for a yoga class. Spend time creating edits for your favourite shows or animes or create a fan page for something or someone you love. Take care of yourself as well. Being happy can only happen if your mind and body are happy. You can meditate, exercise, get some rest, read a book or maybe even write a book. Just do things that excite you. But do keep in mind that human interaction with friends and those you love is also a way to be happy so don't push them away completely :)
Anonymous
I would distract myself with activity like reading, writing or even singing to myself. Getting out of the house for some sunshine and fresh air works too.
AwakenedDreams
By doing the things you love to do solely for you. For me it was writing, and while yes it will be tough it's not impossible. Do the things you love, and one day you will have friends who you trust with your heart.
helpfulButterfly84
Find something that interests you. A hobbie of some sort. A sport perhaps? This will make you happier.
Anonymous
By doing things for yourself that make you feel good but, there non destructive to you mentally and physically.
Anonymous
You can find hobbies and activities that suit your personality and well-being. Family and friends sometimes can me burdening whereas engaging in certain hobbies may help you release all the tension.
lovingLynx89
Engaging in activities that provide you with great rewarding personal experinces. Try to do this and you will invite many relationships in your life. Have fun with it, be willing to feel a little awkward at the beginning, you'll be glad you did it!:)
lovelyCherry11
Focus on your interests. Focus on what you do best. Find a hobby if you have much free time. Do things that you can complete by yourself and make you happy
Purplecoconut16532
Find something to do and commit to it like a class or job. But sometimes you just need to be alone in a space with nobody around. If you don't know what to do try something new or different and make it your own. It's your life so live it the way you love to.
dropinanocean
If you mean you don't want your happiness to be dependend on others, it's definitely possible! But it's not something you do from one day to the other, it takes time. You need to gather a lot of self-confidence and love yourself for who you are. You have to learn about yourself, who you are, what you want. And you should start to have some alone time and not feel about it. It can be fun and refreshing to be on your own for a while. And if you start to enjoy your alone time you are not so dependend on others anymore. That's what worked for me!
AdmirableTree
Find things you enjoy and build a life dedicated to a purpose. Its important to keep yourself occupied to avoid falling into states of brooding.
Anonymous
You could try to remember all the fun times you had with your family and friends and some memories you might even laugh about.
Anonymous
Get a dog, it can work as a buffer only....but you'll need friends and family...try to choose them wisely ,as now you have more time and you can always fall back to your dog ,if you fail in finding someone.
sweetnutella
I think it will a little bit hard to feel happy without friends and family. But maybe the first thing you need to do to make yourself happier is accept yourself lacks and try to deal with them. Give the pain to yesterday and make brand new start to your life❤
SereneSeika
Focusing on what I really want to do in my life is the best way, to me, to be happy without friends or family. In other words, being happy means that I can live significantly for every moment, that I can feel what I was bornt for, that I can invest my time, effort and money for one single purpose, dream completion. I need friends and family at some points to support me spiritually, but I can be happy without them since I know they are all there because I have a dream for myself. Without my dream, I can not be the person they want to want.
Anonymous
Only you are in control of your own happiness (same with other emotions). It's not independent of anyone else.
Machapuchare
I find happiness in pursuing my goals, and celebrating small achievements along the way. Every success is a step forward, and every setback is a chance to learn something new.
Anonymous
Learn to love yourself and spend more time alone. This allows you to be comfortable being alone and not having to rely on others for happiness.
coolcalmcollected23
This is something I've spent the last year cultivating: how to be comfortable with being alone. What helps me is staying active, getting outside for a run, or going to a community yoga class. Feeling that solidarity with others while staying healthy is the best way I feel happy.
princess20shovi
happiness start from within- we need to understand that we cant expect our friends be responsible for our happiness, happiness is very personal thing, and it can change from on another.
tamleex3
Doing something you love, such as hobbies, doing a job that you enjoy such as like youtubers, being a one person business like an uber driver, meeting new random people everyday.