How can I be happy without friends and family?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

Phoenix326
It's possible to be happy on our own when we embrace our own individuality and strive to achieve our own happiness through goals that we create for ourselves.
ambiguities
Focus on loving yourself and doing everything you can to take care of yourself and your body. Example: do things that make you happy, do light exercises frequently, eat a balanced and healthy diet, and any other self care activities that you can think of.
Meowgic9792
Finding companionship through online games or joining an interest group. Take the time alone to do things that you personally love doing but never had the time for. Keep an unusual pet, play the games u never had time for, explore new opportunities and have new experiences
Anonymous
If you love yourself being happy will be a breeze. If you find things you love doing that dont require other people than you can be happy by yourself
20RA
Find things you enjoy, and become more confident in who you are as a person. You have to be able to be secure in the decisions you make and the things you decide to do.
Anonymous
Engage yourself in something you love to you ,focus on your career and work on yourself. Find happiness in things you do. But do make yourself busy and you will be happy on your own. Don't depend on anyone to feel happy.
InSync
By enjoying your own company. There are people who have never had the fortune of having either. If they can, so can you.
Anonymous
to be happy with the person you are not the person people want or preserve you to be even if it makes others unhappy
TheBlackDragon
People are social beings. If you don't have a family, that must have been hard on you, but on the other hand, it made you the person you are today. Friends are something you can always acquire. So, expanding your social circle is something positive, no doubt.
LindaBg
Being happy simply means being comfortable with yourself. Sooner or later in your life you will come across a time where you can only depend on yourself and this is when you realize if you are comfortable or not.
wonderfullDreamer93
Everyone needs support in life but sadly not enough are getting it so as we grow we are forced to depend more and more on ourselves and less on other. Find happiness in yourself and that happiness will last. Find passion and love and excitement in what you do, and you'll be okay.
Anonymous
Happiness is not an outside factor, it doesn't solely depend on your surrounding people or events or anything like that. Happiness lies within you. It's true there are outside factors that contribute to your happiness just like your friends and family. But the main reason is you. You only need yourself to start being happy, everything else is just the support :)
Anonymous
Try to make friends any friends, it doesnt matter if they are a little bit younger or older, just try to make friends that you will see everyday, if you are old enough get a girlfriend have kids and then your kids will have kids and then you would have grandkids, that is how you make a family.
Anonymous
Happiness is very much about finding comfort and acceptance in yourself. Of course, friends and family are important and can add to a persons happiness, but it isn't pivotal to being happy. I think that people think of happiness as smiling, going out and having fun, being the person you show to the world. But I think true happiness comes when you learn to accept yourself. When you try each day to better yourself and find success, whether it's in work, love or other adventures. Of course, finding contentment in who you are doesn't happen over night. For most, it's a process that takes years of self discovery. Finding out what makes you happy, without replying on other people to do it for you. It really is the small things: a hobby, a favourite food, a place - the options are endless. I know it's easy to sit on the other side of a computer and say that the key to happiness is X, Y and Z, but I've learnt over the years that when you're happy in yourself, that's when the important people in your life are revealed.
comfortableHorizon21
You can't basically. Make new friends. Step out of your comfort zone and know new people. Connect with them with an open mind. Don't always keep to yourself or dwell on the past. You have to move forward and reach out to other people out there
SamuelPeak
I’m writer, which means I’m an introvert, I’m not a social person. I can virtually go days without talking to other people. But as I have found throughout life, we all need people to survive. No one can make it on their own. Keep this mind, becuase no matter how introverted we become, we still need people. But the truth is, it helps to be doing something you’re passionate about, something you love. Become sure and confident in yourself and your abilities, and accept them. There comes a point when you no longer really need other people’s approval to be happy, all you need is contentment with yourself. When you stop doubting, often that’s when you need others less, becuase you know who you are without their help.
lyricalSea85
Ask yourself, why cannot you be happy. In this world, we don't need anybody to keep us happy. We can do that by ourselves. By taking good care, keeping a positive mind and a healthy body. Every human being has something called "Self-goals". These can be achieved at times like this
Anonymous
You can be happy without friends and family by doing things you love to make you happy and proud that you did something you dreamed of and that you were able to succeed without anyone stopping you.
Anonymous
Realize that you're a unique individual with huge potential. You have a whole storehouse of happiness in you just waiting to burst out. Sure, friends and family help but at the end of the day you are a vital source of your happiness. Thrive.
Anonymous
Being happy with yourself, in my opinion, is the first step towards being independent. Once you're happy with yourself, it opens up many doors for opportunities for you to gain extra happiness, regardless of friends or family are helping.
youaresobeautiful99
Take up plenty of hobbies. Earn lots of money to spend on what you like. Participate in some organisations that help others. ...
TheCup5893
By making new friends. Online friendships, socialising in places that feel natural and comfortable - for example, a writing group makes me feel at home. Some people find peace at the church. Go to places where you can find like minded people. You may become friends.Books. It's the best feeling to read and soak up the fictional glory. I'm Cleopatra!I take lone dinners. Me and food = foodgasm.You'll figure it out, mate. Feel free to write me for a chat - I am not hiding my username. Hope you find a ton of happiness. Best wishes. :)
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2017 9:34pm
If anything I'm struggling with that myself but if our reasons are similar, in my case being that I've given up on both the concept of family and friends because of unmatched efforts from them. I've found that mourning the loss of both helps. With anything that needs to be let go of in life you must first grieve the absence of it and soon after acceptance follows and when you don't dwell on something any more you find solace and contentment in its absence. You might not be happy afterwards but surely not having family or friends will not be the reason for that
positivePoetry45
Learn to be happy with yourself. What are the things that you enjoy doing when you are alone. For instance, songwriting, painting or even meditation. Its actually a good thing to spend alone time with yourself. Take a day out of the week that is strictly for you and you will find yourself being happy even when your friends and family are not around!
Anonymous
One can be happy without friends and family by thinking what all god has given you. You do have a proper functional body without any deformity. You have food to eat,clothes to wear and a place to live. Try finding happiness in little small things.
Morion13
I always thought that happiness comes when you are around family and friends only which I learnt after that it is totally wrong cause happiness can be observed in many things, reading is happiness, cleaning is happiness, helping people and volunteering is happiness, any small thing can be turned to happiness if it is done with your positive thoughts for yourself and for the society
Anonymous
When it comes to friends, family, and the people that love and care for us, it is important to feel safe around those people. If the people you are currently surrounded by are making you feel like you need to be away from them, perhaps try reaching out to a support group where you can find people you do feel safe around.
Anonymous
Happiness. Well, its not something that only friends and family can give you. Of course you can be happy without friends and family, find something you love- it may be a hobby, an object or maybe even a tv show it can be anything. Something that makes you smile. Or else you can discover yourself and find happiness through self-love.
Anonymous
December 22nd, 2017 6:33pm
You can still be happy without them. We must learn to not let our happiness rely on other people, regardles of they're our family
SweetBiscuits
If you are thinking that you can't be happy without friends and family you are probably blaming loneliness for your state of sadness. But it might not be true. Many people in relationship, with a family and friends feel sad over time. They may even be depressed. Sometimes while trying to be happy we fantasize some situation that they will make us happy immediately but most of the times it is not the case. It is our thoughts that makes us feel lonely and feeling to cope with loneliness we think our only chance is love. But what is causing loneliness is not lack of love. You can feel happy while you are single. You can feel happy on your own and this may change your point of view in your life. Maybe what you think causing you sadness is not what you think it is. Finding it may help you.