I feel like my boyfriend doesn't love me anymore, what should I do?

Angela Serritella, LCSW , CADC

Mental Health is a journey of learning to understand yourself, thoughts, and emotions. I feel that this is a journey that is best taken with support.

Anonymous
it would be beneficial to try and talk things out with your boyfriend.. Because most of the time a good honest talk can be the best solution to the uncertainty.
Anonymous
How is he behaving to make you feel this way? First consider what in his behavior is making you feel that he no longer loves you. Also consider whether these behaviors could be due to other factors in his life at the moment, such as stress. Have you tried speaking it through with him to express how you are feeling?
WorkInProgress11
Communicate, communicate, communicate! I know it sounds lame or expected, but communication really is the key to relationships - with anyone! If you can't openly and honestly discuss your relationship and your feelings, there's always going to be some kind of disconnect. Try to describe your own feelings and how you experience his actions or inactions. Sometimes people are just unaware of how they're making someone else feel.
DorinNelsonMSSW
I would honestly tell you to have a conversation with your boyfriend. We tend to think the worse in situations when it is only our brain playing tricks on us. Also, when speaking with him have a purpose and be prepared to have either a tough conversation or a very positive conversation. Remember you have friends and families that are there to talk to and vent to. I believe that your first step is to breath and make sure your brain is not playing tricks on you and when you truly feel calm have a honest conversation with your boyfriend. Wish you best of luck@
sunnysunshine12
The most important thing is to talk to each other in a safe and comfortable area. Talk to him about how he feels and make sure you're listening and understand him clearly. Make sure is reasons for not loving you are logical and truthful. Tell him how you feel. Give him the option to work it out. If he declines your option peacefully agree and move on. Negative words and arguments should be exceeded to reduce stress and anxiety.
Anonymous
Communication is the key to any relationship. Set aside some time to talk to him about your feelings. Be open to his perspective and try to come to a mutually agreed upon solution. Sometimes simply being mindful during your exchanges makes a big difference.
Anonymous
November 21st, 2017 10:10am
Make sure that he doesn't before taking further actions. The best thing to do so would be a frank conversation.
Anonymous
If you don't think your boyfriend doesn't love you anymore you can discuss it with them to see why they don't want to and find out a solution that way or even writing a letter to them asking why if there out of country.
cares4you92
When you're both calm and happy, tell him you'd like to discuss your concern with him. Ensure you're in a neutral setting with no distractions.
Anonymous
Communication is key to a successful relationship. Tell him how you feel and share your thoughts about your relationship with him.