I get really depressed when i am alone. I don't know why and I don't know what or why or if there is a trigger that sets it off or makes it worse. What can I do?

Germany

Nathalie Dramis, Diploma

Helping people is my passion. I believe that anyone can benefit from therapy and counseling. My approach is holistic and tailored to you and your specific needs.

Anonymous
Being around other people often makes us feel more enlightened. We are social creatures and when we are left alone with our thoughts we may occasionally find it difficult to cope. Introverts love being alone, however there is a point where it's not that fun anymore. I really believe that we can find a balance between having time alone and loving it, and spending time with people and loving that too. Try and make a list of what you like about being alone, and what you don't like. Try and address the things you dislike about it, so that you can improve on them, say one of the reasons are: because i start overthinking, find things which prevent you from doing that... is it spending more time around people and just less time alone? be patient with yourself because it takes time to get better at it :) good luck and stay positive!
Jade225
If you're alone, you have space to think about things and the isolation can make people feel as if they're not cared for I feel this way too and I tend to take a stroll through my mind when no one is there to distract me from it, causing me to feel more depressed I usually try to distract myself with things that I enjoy and that will not upset me, so doing something that doesn't necessarily require excess skill or effort This distracts and relaxes you and takes away the stress of being alone
Some people have a hard time being alone without any specific trigger. Try to find activities that you like and can distract you from feeling depressed.