Sometimes out of the blue I feel very sad and lonely to the point of depression, I feel like it just eats me for a short while than it stops. Its rare but it happens. Anyone with the same problem?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

Behappyalways1243
This is actually a sign of depression. It is very common and generally looked over. I would advise you to talk to a parent or someone else of that stature about how you are feeling. If not, there are many hotlines available for people coping with depression.
These feelings are quite common. Just accept them knowing that they are not going to stay with you for long.
windfox3
From time to time I experience this as well. Sometimes it is the result of hormone fluctuations or biological causes outside of my control. Other times it is triggered by something in the environment. I usually chip away at it with a 30 minute guided meditation, which helps redirect my focus and emotions. Sometimes a walk through the neighborhood can also do the trick if the weather is nice. In my experience, while the sad feelings crash in hard during the first 15 minutes, usually by the end of the hour I am back on track to normal daily routines.
Anonymous
Yes, I think we all have emotional moment, where everything seems bad, and the mind becomes very irrational as it only focuses on the bad aspects of life and that can become and overwhelming feeling. I think this feeling, these emotional moments are actually important because, even though they might be an exaggerated form of your insecurities, they do originate from a real place. Therefore these emotional moments help you become self aware, as you learn about yourself and your fears. So instead of letting these moments define you, you should just see them as a part of your journey of self exploration, and the next day, when that moment is over, it is important to look at the good as well, and be grateful for what you have. I know how awful these moments might feel at the time, but it is vital that you don't let these moments define you. Because everyone is better and more than their insecurities.