How can I avoid taking my anger out on others?

Jackie Dross, M.S. Community Counseling

I have a passion for working with people from a non-judgmental, strengths based approach to meet their goals for personal growth.

Anonymous
Take a deep breath, count slowly, to 10, just leave for a bit take a walk, a shower, talk to a pet
Anonymous
Reframing would help you alot in this area. Reframing is associating your anger with something more positive so that you can change your perception. You need to identify what would you need to improve your mood and anchor it whenever anger strikes you.
MichelleChew
Try to channel your anger into other alternative, for example, listening to loud music, taking a nap, shouting into a pillow, drawing or anything that can distracts you.
Anonymous
February 3rd, 2016 9:43pm
It is really hard to avoid taking anger in others. Our brains do it without us noticing, we have to blame someone and that someone is not gonna be us! so that is actually really hard to do
Shaddow
As mentioned before. I do it by killing my ego for the people I love, and don't get offended from what they say no matter what. End the conversation there itself when i feel that i may offend them rather than saying things that might hurt them. Talk about that matter when i'm in my senses.
Junta
Discover some ways to avoid hurting others and yourself. Do some research on some proven techniques, such as writing letters or physical exercise. Once you find something that works for you, dedicate yourself to this and do your best!
Nahsha
If you know you're getting ready to be angry, try removing yourself from people. If you know you're going to slip up and say something that might be taken as rude, try and remove yourself from the conversation.
lovelyshor
Get a stress ball or scream in a pillow, or you can listen to music that calms you down and distracts.
Anonymous
you can avoid taking out your anger on others by thinking if the person in front of you is responsible for your anger or if they deserve that
Sunsetmoonwatch
December 22nd, 2017 2:47pm
Isolate myself. When possible get out around nature.
Anonymous
Take a deep breadth. Count up to 10. Repeat it until you are completely relaxed. People often tend to tease you if they know that you are vulnerable. Do not let that happen. Show them that you can handle their worst! If you vent out your anger on someone, they might think of you as an unapproachable person and that might harm your relationships. Just tell them that you are not in a mood to talk it they approach you. Otherwise, just take 5 mins to get over the situation and resume your work.