How do you take the step of stopping to fight your emotions?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

Marikeex
I write them down, you watch a sad movie and cry, or talk to someone to share my emotions. It's great to out those emotions, because otherwise it's just behind inside eating you up.
LilacLillies
When I'm taking the step of stopping to fight my emotions I cry. Yep-thats right. I take the time to sit myself down and think about the things that make me sad, and although that may not be the best idea it is a good one. Just cry as much as you can and flush it all out, after you cry about the bad things think about the good things that will get you smiling or maybe talk to one of your friends or listeners. After crying and letting out your feelings go do something fun, maybe watch YouTube, or play video games, hang out with friends, or take interest in a hobby :) I hope I helped, best of luck.~
Thinkitthrough
Breathe. Consider what thought is running through my mind when I make an assumption and then ask what actual proof do I have that my thought is correct. Have I confirmed my thinking with another person.
ladycat946
I think you can't fight them, on the contrary, you need to stop fighting to be able to free yourself from your emotions. You can consult someone or talk to someone close to you, someone who will help you to go through that difficult part of your life. I think the key is to learn how to let it go and communicate. Otherwise, it will destroy yourself.
s00thingSelf
Meditation is a great way to fight emotions, as I meditate I observe my emotions come in and go without touching my body and causing me to react to them, it is a surreal feeling and over time they subside and calm me down.
Kyrheb05
Breathing, and thinking about something that makes you calm and happy, or doing something that makes you calm and happy