I can't stop crying for days on end. What do I do?

Jennifer Geib, LCSWR

1:1 daily live chat sessions. - My therapy is non-judgmental and focuses on emotions and motivation to accomplish your goals or overcome your struggles.

SerialThinker
There is definitely a reason within. Sometimes talking to someone we trust works and sometimes there is the need to seek professional therapy. I think its best if you reach out for help by firstly talking to understanding friends or family members. If you still felt bad for it then comes the next option which is talking to a counselor. And the most important thing is that you shouldn't take it for granted. Like getting a fever, its a sign of something going wrong. So its best if you face it and see what you can do for it.
lovelyBeauty42
Is it that you have found comfort in that? you have to root out the problem and not try to make home of this situation. Often we become comfortable in the situations. Especially when they are bad. Because we don't know how to get out of them anymore. We forget that the answer to the situation is within our own-selves. another thing is the more you put your attention to this problem you have, the more you will think it actually EXISTS and you will think that something is actually WRONG with you. I hope it helps you out though
15Kenzi
Crying can be a release. Something has likely been overwhelming your mind, and you are letting it all out when you cry. Surprisingly, a number of emotions can be behind the release. When you are crying, take a deep breath. Then notice what you are feeling, and WHY. This part can be difficult and takes practice. Often, people cry because they can't take one more thing. Most people's lives are full of stress, to the point where their bodies are constantly on high-alert. This can be exhausting, and can lead to the release of crying. If you think this may be the case for you, you may want to read this article: Finding Freedom from Fight-or-Flight . I know from working with my clients, that it definitely is possible to learn new strategies to deal with life's storms.
Hugandhappiness02
Think about why you are crying what makes you cry for days? Think of is it worthy to cry is it worthy to be sad. It could be anything a breakup, family issues, break up, bullying etc but everything will be okay and better. These days will pass and tomorrow needs you. You should be strong for yourself first. Talk with your loved ones ask for an advice or want them to just listen you and understand you. I promise everything will be better so don't make yourself depressed sad. You don't deserve this. Love yourself stay healthy and try to be happy maybe you ca read a book watch your favorite tv show/ movie or you can go out and walk watch the sunset sing a song write down your thoughts anything will work. Love you lots♡♡♡
believeinmewhobelievesinyou
Ask yourself if you're ready to stop (more important than it seems) Understand crying is a natural function of the body, crying constantly for days on end should something of a warning light If you haven't already, it might be helpful to find a safe, isolated location Focus all attention on a noise in the environment (helps to bring you "here", quiet mind noise) Attempt to physically calm through "box breathing", 4 in 4 out 4 hold. This can also minimize panic attacks The words we say and thoughts we think can have power over us, in that we use them to make connections to meaning. Try to refute any thoughts that are obviously out of line, so you don't wind up convincing yourself you agree with them. For me, that's as simple as saying "refute" in my head. If you live with loved ones, it's a really good idea to let them know what's up. This minimizes their potential distress at discovering you and establishes a route for support, if necessary. If the breathing and focus has succeeded in bringing the crying to a halt, I try to return my expression to a more normal one and relax my forehead, scalp, neck and shoulders. If I feel my eyebrows furrow, I try to limit that and return my focus to the base of the skull or nape of the neck. Following all this, if it's possible to do so, I try to be a little more understanding with myself. If there's no obvious reason for the crying, it may be that there's something of a block there, and that thorough exploration of the source might be needed. For the real work, serious introspection and honest assessment is required. This process can be painful, but I can't stress enough that if you've actually gotten this far, it feels like the "right" kind of pain, and can lead to much better times. Hey, I think this is a process much like any other. Crying is good to release that stress but if we've built up so much that it's haunting us day after day, it's an obvious sign -- like a warning light -- that we need to pop the hood and look at what makes us work. At the end of the day, prevention is worth a pound of cure. Stay in touch with yourself, stay true to yourself and when you mess up, forgive yourself and you'll be much better off than... ...uh, all of us, I guess. Stay safe, guys.