I feel at times lonely, isolated, misunderstood by others but if you tell someone, it's dismissed or you hear "advice" such as - "Ignore it", "Grow up", "Cheer up". This does not help! Is it just me?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

JumpyGoiaba
Unfortunately, it's normal to feel misplaced and misundertood and it's understandable that those advices consisting of 2 words don't help you at all. Friendship is a very sensitive bond and it can fill our entire world or tear it down. I think the best advice anyone in your situation could be given is to keep searching for people who get you. Whether it's through joining a club where people share your interests or online chats, the only way to overcome loneliness is to find people that make you feel like you belong. It's hard at first, but definitely worth it. If you ever need to talk, I'll be very glad to help you :)