I feel like such a disappointment. Like everyone around me is way smarter and that I'll never amount to anything. I can't help but compare myself to every other person. How do I get out of this misery?

Katherine Aucoin, Transpersonal Counselling Psychology

I offer you compassion and support on your unique journey. I look forward to working with you to heal your emotional wounds to find more freedom and joy.

crystalclearnow
Comparing yourself to others can make you feel miserable. You may feel others are better in some ways but you could be better in other things, however small you may perceive it to be. We are all unique and different just like nobody's fingerprint is alike :) To feel better, you could keep a journal of gratitude or write down the goals what you have achieved in a day (however small) or even things you would like to learn/achieve do -e.g music, sports, achieving deadlines, project completion, etc. It could make you feel better and unique. We are all different.
Anonymous
You can take Comparison as improve yourself, see the people and analyse them and try to be like them, and first of all comparison occur in same things but you and they are not same, all fingers of our hands are not equal or same , all fingers have value so every person have value , may be you are best in those things and they are not, every tourist place have own value no one is good or bad. Remember next time when u feel inferior just accept it and analyse them and try to be like them, you can improve yourself from them, find the positivity in every negativity and things will be better automatically ☺️☺️
DiamondBlossom
The first thing that helped me not to feel that way was deleting most of the social media accounts. People represent themselves as very smart, beautiful, rich, happy, but trust me, most of them are feeling exactly the same way you do. I couldn't but stare at the screen and envy people that were on vacation at the sea, while I was glued to the bed. Everyone wants to seem perfect, but no one really is. That's the simple truth. Who knows who's looking at you and thinking the same? Just work on your self-esteem and you'll be fine :)
kopion
I feel strongly for this one because my university is extremely competitive. Everyone literally seems to make friends with each other only because they have something to gain out of each other's intelligence. But apparently that's what 'coorperation' is about. Nevertheless, If you're referring to education, then its never about being smarter than anyone else (what i tell myself too), its about learning to learn, and learning for life. Are you smarter than who you are yesterday? are you having the right moral compass? The answer to these questions are way more important than 'are you smarter than friend A or friend B?' so Take a breather! relax, and find your passion/goals in life.