I’m getting tired of always being the “perfect” child that doesn’t do any wrong, is it bad that I want to rebel?

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

phosphenerelief
Not at all. Being the "perfect" child can be stifling. It can make you feel like people just expect it of you and no longer appreciate the conscious effort and hard work that goes into being good, morally, academically or whatever their standard for perfect is. Sometimes rebellion comes out of a wish to be noticed and cared for, as often we are viewed as the safe and mature one in comparison to our siblings, which results in us getting less attention (be it positive or negative). But in this incidence, where you just want the same thought and attention as others, or are having a hard time keeping to this "perfect" standard that others expect of you - talk to them about it, whether it be parents, peers or professionals, especially parents - as they often forget and don't realise the possible negative impact of this positive label they have put on you and will do something about it, and will have a conversation with you that helps you both understand each other better, and reminds you both that this situation did not come out of hate, but rather mutual love and respect.
Russellistrying
Nothing at all wrong with feeling that way. If you've feel you're always stuck in a role or always trying to please people, of course you may want a break from that. Perhaps you want to explore your identity a little. While how you choose to rebel is entirely up to you, consider what would be a way for you to learn something new about yourself or your world. And always be mindful that actions have consequences which you may need to face if your behavior transgressed the rules of your home or society. Treat yourself with love by avoiding very dangerous behaviors. Make yourself available to friends and family who may be confused by your sudden change in behavior. While there's nothing at all wrong with trying out something different, communication will ease the minds of those who care about you so that their confusion doesn't become fear.