Is it normal to just let it all out and cry?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

Lovelydaytoday
Of course! Crying is a healthy outlet for our pains, you can release a lot of negative energy by crying.
LovelyBrei
Yes it is very normal in fact I find that when I cry and let it all out I feel way better I feel free even.
Anonymous
Yes! Crying is a great way to get your emotions out and just allow your body to experience what it wants to.
Raspango50
It is completely normal! Everyone has that one moment sooner or later where they just want to cry and let their emotions out.
Anonymous
I'm very happy you're able to do this! It's so important to let yourself feel and not bottle things up. It's completely fine to have a power cry - in fact it can be very good for you.
organticMango15
Of course it is normal, crying is healthy. It's not good to keep everything bottled up, that is increasing the amount of stress. Letting it all out is good for you. Doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.
SilentSerenityy
October 22nd, 2015 12:45am
It's totally normal. It happens to the best of us!
trisjlistens
It's perfectly normal! Crying is one of the best ways to let your emotions out and it feels good. It's also better to cry it all all out than caging it inside your heart. It's healthier.
cherishedJet13
Yes crying just means you are trying to get out your emotions and there is nothing wrong with crying
randables
Hey. Tears are tears. I know I feel better after I cry sometimes. We all have those times where it's very frustrating and that we've been trying to stay strong and hold it in. Sometimes that isn't the case, but it's okay. You are not weak for crying and letting it out. You're more weak for trying to hold it in.
sophhhh
Yes!! Sometimes you need to just cry and let everything out in order for you to move on and forget things.
Cyn123
From my experience it is. Cry is one of the best form of letting out all that trouble in mind. I even feel refreshed after crying. It's like you throw all your problem away and restart anew
Anonymous
You are wondering if it is normal and alright to just let it all out and cry. You feel like you would like to let it all out and cry sometimes.
MaisyLyon
Crying is one of the best things anyone can do. In the end it makes you feel better because you have let it all out!
Anonymous
February 22nd, 2016 12:49am
Completely normal. I find it makes me feel so much better. It's not good to bottle up your feelings. Hopefully you feel better soon, and do something fun for yourself when you feel better.
SoftBlanket40
Of course it is! As long as emotions are concerned, whatever comes should be accepted, understood, and given enough time. not too much, just enough. It is all okay, a good cry can have enormous benefits, and letting all out is often a relief.
Anonymous
When one has been bottling up their emotions for a long time, it can get very unhealthy for one's mental and physical health. One should share whatever that upsets and troubles them time to time with someone they feel the most comfortable with. Hence, it is very normal to just let it all out and cry. One can feel light-hearted by doing so.
Anonymous
Of course ist is normal. It is necessary to deal with your emotions. Afterwards you often feel better and relieved. :)
delicatePomegranate33
It is normal, and it is in fact encouraged, because crying is effective in releasing your emotions, and it's much more positive than some alternatives some people with depression may turn to. :)
PrincessCeleste87
Yes, it is very normal to just let things all out an cry. It is a form of an emotional release. It is also very healthy.
Other
It is and it is very important! You cannot experience proper joy if you do not experience proper sadness.
HereToHelpYou742
Yes because you probably have kept all your feeling to yourself without anyone knowing and its to the point were you have reached your breaking point
Anonymous
It sure is, considering that tears wipe away the guilt and cleanse one's soul. In any case, it's far better letting it out than keeping it chained inside and letting it devour you like a parasite.
Anonymous
Just to make you know, that crying is extremely normal. Everybody have their weak point. When we reach that, it's a good time to cry.
IchooseCats
November 1st, 2016 8:33pm
It is normal and helpful, keeping everything inside is in fact one of the worst things you could do while trying to get better
Anonymous
Yes, crying doesn't make you weak or sensitive no matter what gender or how old you are or the situation. Depending on how many times you cry, you might have a form of problem that is easy to see a doctor for and be able to contain it. If you cry just because things are tough and all, again there's nothing wrong with that, you are human and it just means you are hurting in someway.
Anonymous
Absolutely. Keeping emotions for yourself is just as damaging as rejection by someone who is unwilling to listen to you.
CoachCicely39
November 21st, 2017 12:33pm
It is not only normal. It is freedom. Crying is away for our bodies to release negativity and things that cause us pain. Mankind would see a lot less health problems if they would practice this all the time. Our issues are in our tissues because we don't release. When I just let it all out, it feels like a ton of bricks have been lifted from me and then I am able to get back into motion.
Anonymous
Yes it is completely normal to cry. If you are having some issues that you just want to cry, just let it out rather than just keeping it inside. When you cry, it feels like your emotions bursts out inside you making you feel better than before. Don't keep emotions inside you, it will hurt more.
Anonymous
Yes. Obviously its a normal act. Sometimes attending counsellings, talking to someone or just pretending like youj're okay is not enough. So to in a better language, you should cry as much as you want to be normal. It is normal to cry.