Is it normal to just let it all out and cry?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

Anonymous
It is normal to just let it out and cry because an event upsetted you to where you can't hold it in yourself anymore and releasing it out of your mind helps you relieve the pain.
Anonymous
Absolutely!! Crying is a good coping mechanism to deal with the emotions you are feeling. It is important to acknowledge your emotions.
Nansidrew
Of course! Crying is a great stress reliever. If you feel the need to cry, don't feel ashamed. It's a normal bodily response and tends to make you feel so much better afterwards :)
OrianaG
Yeah I think it is normal to do it. I mean is better when you let everything goes. And for that process, sometimes is necessary to cry, cry all you want, all you need. Don’t be like me and keep everything thinking that it's going to go, because it's not like that, at some point you'll go broke, and all that remains is to cry. :) let go all your sadness, or maybe, your happiness. So yeah, I think is totally normal to just let it all out and cry. Sometimes is what we need, and obviously a friend or someone who we can trust and talk about the motif
Anonymous
It is. If you’re tired of everything it’s fine to cry but it’s also important to know when to stop and stand up again. Don’t ever think that crying and expressing emotions isn’t normal because it is. All of us do. There will be times that we get tired and stressed of everything but you know what? Once you get through it, you’ll think how strong and brave you are. Crying was never a sign of weakness, it makes you a person because you do such thing, for some people it’s their comfort pill. Just remember that after you cry, you must stand up and fight for your life again. Whatever you’re going through now, don’t think of it as a problem instead, think of it as a challenge you need to survive. :>>